- Boris Kapustin has been at HSE University since 2016.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Doctor of Sciences*
- 1984Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Moscow State Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the USSR
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
N. Mishakov «Subject, Violence, Discipline Practices. Critic of Foucault and Critics of Foucault». Faculty of Humanities, 2017
M. Inderhaug «Russia and the West: Roots of Conflict and How to Solve it». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
Y. Verinchuk «Operationalizing "Legitimacy" in the Context of Contemporary Russia (Through the Lens of P. Bourdieu's Theory)». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2018
Editorial board membership
2010: Member of the Editorial Board, Логос (Logos (Russian Federation)).
1995: Member of the Editorial Board, Communist and Post-Communist Studies.
1994: Member of the Editorial Board, Полис. Политические исследования (Polis (Russian Federation)).
- Book Kapustin B. Evil and Freedom. Reflections regarding Kant's "Religion within the Boundaries of Mere Reason" / Пер. с рус. Uppsala : Uppsala University, 2017.
- Article Kapustin B. On the subject matter of the concept of revolution // Russian Studies in Philosophy. 2017. Vol. 53. No. 3-4. P. 265-279. doi
- Chapter Kapustin B. A People in the Absence of the People, or a View of Post-Communism from Below, in: The Social History of Post-Communist Russia. L. : Routledge, 2016. Ch. 2. P. 11-40. doi
- Article Kapustin B. Interview with Boris Kapustin // Margins. 2016. Vol. 2. No. 2
- Book Капустин Б. Г. Зло и свобода. Рассуждения в связи с «Религией в пределах только разума» Иммануила Канта. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2016.
- Article Капустин Б. Г. Идеология и крах советского строя // Россия в глобальной политике. 2016. № 6. С. 70-81.
- Article Капустин Б. Г. Постсоветская история России - взгляд снизу // Россия в глобальной политике. 2015. С. 8-27.
- Article Капустин Б. Г. Просвещение как критика // Вестник Российского университета дружбы народов. Серия: Политология. 2015. № 4. С. 68-84.
- Book Капустин Б. Г., Мюрберг И. И., Федорова М. М. Этюды о свободе. Понятие свободы в европейской общественной мысли. М. : Аквилон, 2015.
- Book Капустин Б. Г. Гражданство и гражданское общество / Перев.: Ю. Дергунов. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2011.
This year, 117 students graduated from doctoral programmes at the HSE campus in Moscow. On November 1, they received their graduation certificates. Some of them also defended their theses under a new procedure that was introduced at HSE this year, while the others will do this within the next year.
Like many international students who choose to study at the Higher School of Economics, Martin Inderhaug, a native of Bergen, Norway, boasts a rich background marked by a diverse set of interests. Although he has been at HSE for only six months since enrolling in the Master’s programme in Politics, Economics and Philosophy, his interest in Russia goes back to his days serving in Norway’s military in the country’s far north where he would gaze at the ‘unknown East’ across the border with Russia.
Interdisciplinarity as a Research and Teaching Strategy: First Meeting of Interdisciplinary Seminar of Strategic Academic Unit 'Social Development Challenges'
On January 25, the Faculty of Social Sciences held the first meeting of its interdisciplinary seminar 'Challenges of Social Development'. Boris Kapustin, Professor of the HSE School of Political Science gave a presentation on Interdisciplinarity as a Research and Teaching Strategy.
The contemporary world and society involve highly complex systems, requiring more than specialized knowledge. The MA programme 'Politics. Economics. Philosophy' helps students go beyond the limits of specific social sciences.