- Elena Kotyrlo has been at HSE University since 2016.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
Doctor of Sciences* in Economics and National Economy Management
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration
- 2002Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Economics and National Economy Management
Degree in Economics and Sociology of Labour
Syktyvkar State University
Degree in Mathematics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
2018 - Machine Learning and Big Data for Teachers. Data Culture Program. Track 2.
2017 - Data Analysis School at Yandex.
2017 - Social Media, Big Data and Digital Demography organized by the IUSSP Scientific Panel on Big Data and Population Processes at the Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town.
2013 - Sequence Analysis & TraMineR, by Institute for Demographic and Life Course Studies in Geneva, Umeå University
2012 - Summer School at Fiscal federalism, mobility and policy evaluation, by European Regional Science Association, Umeå, Sweden
2012 - Summer School at Spatial Econometric Advanced Institute, Rome, Italy
2011 - Quantative Methods in Social Science-2 Summer School. Network Dynamics using RSiena, by University of Oxford, Groningen, The Netherlands
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Lecturers" (2017)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
A. Karasenko «Influence of Military Service Length Reduction on Probability to Get Higher Education». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
K. Dobrelya «Fatherhood and Labour Market Outcome». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
P. Yuldashev «Analysis of Negative Investments in Health Capital». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
I. Bulgakov «Fatherhood, Marriage and Labour Market Outcomes». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
R. Zamaldinova «Returns on Health Investments through Sports Activity in Russia». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
A. Mazhit «Fatherhood and Labour Market Outcome». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2020
L. Mikhnyak «Socioeconomic Portrait of Father of Many Children in Modern Russia». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2019
Y. Orishko «Gender Differences in Hiring». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2019
S. Belov «Fatherhood and Wage Differences With Peers». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
D. Oskin «The Reform of Public Sector Wages and Its Effect on Income Distribution». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2017
N. Alter «Aid-Poverty Dynamics a Case Study of Pakistan: A Long Panel Approach». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2020
D. Oskin «Influence of Military Draft Rules on Enrolment in Professional Education Program». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2019
M. Petrov «Study in Job Satisfaction Using Big Data Models». Faculty of Economic Sciences, 2018
Econometrics, Bachelor Level (in Russian)
Advanced Econometrics, Master Level (in English)
QUANTITATIVE APPROACHES TO POLICY EVALUATION AND IMPACT ASSESSMENT. Postgraduate Level (in English)
Advanced Econometrics (Master’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; field of study "38.04.01. Экономика", field of study "38.04.01. Экономика", field of study "38.04.08. Финансы и кредит"; 1 year, 1-4 module)Eng
- Applied Econometrics (Master’s programme; Institute of Education; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Measurements of Poverty and Inequality. Evaluation of Poverty and Inequality Reduction Policies (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Quantitative Approaches to Policy Evaluation and Impact Assessment (Postgraduate course’s programme; 2 year, 2 semester)Eng
- Article Kotyrlo E. European Migration Crisis as an Outcome of Globalization // Studia Ekonomiczne. 2017. No. 323. P. 75-89.
- Article Kotyrlo E. Fertility and Commuting: Evidence Based on First-Birth Rates of Young Working Women // Journal of Population Research. 2017. Vol. 34. No. 2. P. 135-163. doi
- Article Kotyrlo E., Westerlund O., Sundström A. Marital Status and Risk of Dementia: a Nationwide Population-based Prospective Study // BMJ Open. 2016. Vol. 6. P. 1-7. doi
- Article Kotyrlo E. Space-time Dynamics of Fertility and Commuting // Applied Econometrics. 2016. Vol. 41. P. 78-95.
- Chapter Aho S., Ananyina A. N., Espiritu A., Gelter H., Gerashchenko L., Kiselev A., Kotyrlo E., Mulina T., Pavlova E. N., Ryzhkova I., Shestova Y., Skupchenko J., Viken A. The History of Tourism in the Barents Region, in: Encyclopedia of the Barents Region Vol. I: A-M. Oslo : Pax forlag AS, 2016. doi
- Chapter Aho S., Ananyina A. N., Espiritu A., Gelter H., Gerashchenko L., Kiselev A., Kotyrlo E., Mulina T., Pavlova E. N., Ryzhkova I., Shestova Y., Skupchenko J., Viken A. Tourism in the Barents Region, in: Encyclopedia of the Barents Region Vol. II: N-Y. Oslo : Pax forlag AS, 2016. Ch. II. P. 395-400. doi
- Chapter Kotyrlo E., Wikström M., Hanes N. CHILDCARE REFORM: EFFECTS ON EARNINGS AND EMPLOYMENT AMONG NATIVE SWEDISH AND IMMIGRANT MOTHERS, in: Research in Labor Economics Vol. 42: Gender in the Labor Market. West Yorkshire : Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2015. doi P. 93-129.
- Chapter Kotyrlo E. Childbearing and Labor Market: Time and Space Dynamics, in: Applied Demography Vol. 4: The Emerging Techniques in Applied Demography. Springer, 2015. doi P. 169-188. doi
- 2016XVII АПРЕЛЬСКАЯ МЕЖДУНАРОДНАЯ НАУЧНАЯ КОНФЕРЕНЦИЯ ПО ПРОБЛЕМАМ РАЗВИТИЯ ЭКОНОМИКИ И ОБЩЕСТВА (Москва). Presentation: Young Working Women: First Childbirth and Daily Labour Mobility
- XVII АПРЕЛЬСКАЯ МЕЖДУНАРОДНАЯ НАУЧНАЯ КОНФЕРЕНЦИЯ ПО ПРОБЛЕМАМ РАЗВИТИЯ ЭКОНОМИКИ И ОБЩЕСТВА (Москва). Presentation: Childcare Reform: Effects on Earnings and Employment among Native Swedish and Immigrant Mothers
Collaborator in the project of Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council, Canada
"Knowledge network on mining encounters and indigenous sustainable livelihoods: cross-perspectives from the circumpolar North and Melanesia/Australia (MinErAL)"
|Years: 6||Funding: $2,500,000.00|
2016-present - Associate Professor, Department of Applied Economics, Highher School of Economics
2009-2015 - Researcher, University of Umeaa, Sweden
2008-2009 - Principal Specialist, Closed Joint Stock Company “International Center of Regional Development”, Moscow, Russia
1996-2008 - Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor, Department of Information Systems in Economics, Syktyvkar State University, Russia
Speaker - Ekaterina Borisova (International Center for the Study of Institutions and Development HSE).