- Svetlana Inkina has been at HSE since 2016.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Political Science
University of Toronto
Thesis Title: Beyond the Facade of Policy Implementation: Explaining Intractability and Occasional Success of Post-Communist Civil Service Reforms
MA in European Integration Studies
Thesis Title: Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada Thesis Title: Reforming Russian Welfare System: Is there Room for Regional Disparities?
Degree in Sociology
Orel State Techical University
Student Term / Thesis Papers
S. Farzaliyev «International Assistance to Police Reform: the Cases of Post-Soviet Georgia and Kyrgyzstan». Faculty of Social Sciences, 2019
- Methodology and Research Methods of Political Science (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 1 year, 1-3 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Human Rights Policy Analysis" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 2 year, 1-3 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Public Policy Analysis" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 2 year, 1-3 module)Eng
- Think Tanks as Policy Actors (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Preprint Inkina S. Making sense of Russian civil service reform: what matters in explaining policy implementation process? / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series PS "Political Science". 2017. No. WP BRP 57/PS/2018.
- Article Inkina S. Civil Service Reform in Transition: A Case Study of Russia // Review of European and Russian Affairs. 2013. Vol. 8. No. 1. P. 1-17.
International Political Science Association, World Congress: Challenges of Contemporary Governance (Montreal). Presentation: The Role of Political Leadership in Policy-making Processes: Deriving Useful Lessons from the Cases of Post-Сommunist Transformation
British Columbia Political Studies Association Annual Conference (PSA): Political Studies Association Annual Conference. Transforming Politics: New Synergies (Vancouver). Presentation: Why Reforms Fail: The Role of Ideas, Interests and Institutions
- 20099th Annual Conference of the Central Eurasian Studies Society (Washington). Presentation: Russian Welfare Model: Is There Room for Change?
- Challenges, Dynamics and Implications of Welfare Regime Change in a Comparative Perspective: A Dialogue fBetween Post-Soviet and East Asian Scholars, hosted by the University of Toronto (Toronto). Presentation: Conference Organization //
Every year, HSE hires post-doctoral researchers from all over the world. And in 2017-18, more than 30 of them started work at laboratories and research centres in a large range of fields and specializations. The HSE Lookis pleased to introduce this year’s international researchers, so that you can learn more about your colleagues and find out about opportunities for potential collaboration.