- Senior Research Fellow:Faculty of Computer Science / Big Data and Information Retrieval School / Laboratory of Theoretical Computer Science
- Associate Professor:Faculty of Computer Science / Joint FCS Department with RAS Steklov Mathematical Institute
- Alexey Talambutsa has been at HSE University since 2016.
research in the areas of decision problems in algebra and combinatorial group theory
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Article Kolpakov A., Talambutsa A. On free semigroups of affine maps on the real line // Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. 2022. Vol. 150. No. 6. P. 2301-2307. doi
- Article Birget J., Talambutsa A. The symmetric Post Correspondence Problem, and errata for the freeness problem for matrix semigroups // International Journal of Algebra and Computation. 2022. Vol. 32. No. 6. P. 1261-1274. doi
- Article Talambutsa A., Kolpakov A. Spherical and geodesic growth rates of right-angled Coxeter and Artin groups are Perron numbers // Discrete Mathematics. 2020. Vol. 343. No. 3. P. 1-8. doi
- Article Hartnick T., Talambutsa Alexey. Relations between counting functions on free groups and free monoids // Groups, Geometry, and Dynamics. 2018. Vol. 12. No. 4. P. 1485-1521. doi
- Article Alexey Talambutsa, Bucher M. Minimal exponential growth rates of metabelian Baumslag–Solitar groups and lamplighter groups // Groups, Geometry, and Dynamics. 2017. Vol. 11. No. 1. P. 189-209.
- Article Alexey Talambutsa, Bucher M. Exponential growth rates of free and amalgamated products // Israel Journal of Mathematics. 2016. Vol. 212. No. 2. P. 521-546. doi