- Silver Bronzo has been at HSE University since 2016.
Education and Degrees
University of Chicago
Thesis Title: Words, Sentences, and Speech Acts: An Interpretation and Defense of the Context Principle
BA in Philosophy
Sapienza University of Rome
Student Term / Thesis Papers
I. Glazunov «The Ethics of Abortion, Infanticide, and the Problem of the Internal Inconsistency of the Moral System». Faculty of Humanities, 2019
- Academic English Writing (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 4 year, 1-3 module)Eng
- Speech Act Theory and Political Philosophy (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Humanities; 4 year, 3 module)Eng
- Speech Act Theory and Political Philosophy (Optional course (faculty); Faculty of Humanities; 3 module)Eng
- Chapter Bronzo S. Demystifying Meaning in Horwich and Wittgenstein, in: Wittgenstein on Philosophy, Objectivity, and Meaning. Cambridge University Press, 2019. Ch. 9. P. 164-184.
- Chapter Bronzo S. Forms of Life and Social Critique: Pasolini after Wittgenstein, in: Crisis and Critique: Philosophical Analysis and Current Events. Contributions to the 42nd International Wittgenstein Symposium. Kirchberg am Wechsel : Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society, 2019. P. 25-27.
- Article Bronzo S. Propositional Complexity and the Frege-Geach Point // Synthese. 2019. P. 1-32. doi
- Article Bronzo S. Frege on Multiple Analyses and the Essential Articulatedness of Thought // Journal for the History of Analytic Philosophy. 2017. Vol. 5. No. 10. P. 1-34. doi
- Article Bronzo S. Philosophy, Art, and Culture. Review of "Wittgenstein and Modernism" (University of Chicago Press, 2017) // Iride. Journal of Philosophy and Public Debate. 2017. Vol. 30. No. 82. P. 674-683. doi
- Article Bronzo S. Wittgenstein, Theories of Meaning, and Linguistic Disjunctivism // European Journal of Philosophy. 2017. Vol. 25. No. 4. P. 1340-1363. doi
- Article Bronzo S. Review of: Representation and Reality in Wittgenstein's Tractatus, by J. L. Zalabardo // Nordic Wittgenstein Review. 2016. Vol. 5. No. 1. P. 139-144.
- Chapter Bronzo S. Neither Realism nor Constructivism: The Tractarian Conception of Language, in: Realism - Relativism - Constructivism. Contributions to the 38th Wittgenstein Symposium, August 9-15, 2015, Kirchberg am Wechsel. Kirchberg am Wechsel : Austrian Wittgenstein Society, 2015. P. 32-34.
- Article Bronzo S. Bentham's Contextualism and Its Relation to Analytic Philosophy // Journal for the History of Analytic Philosophy. 2014. Vol. 2. No. 8. P. 1-42. doi
- Article Bronzo S. Atomism, Contextualism, and the Burden of Making Sense: Cavellian Themes in the Tractatus // Wittgenstein-Studien. 2013. Vol. 4. No. 1. P. 95-108.
- Article Bronzo S., Diamond C. Cora Diamond. Philosophy in a Realistic Spirit. An Interview by Silver Bronzo // Iride. Journal of Philosophy and Public Debate. 2013. No. 2. P. 239-282. doi
- Article Bronzo S. The Resolute Reading and Its Critics: An Introduction to the Literature // Wittgenstein-Studien. 2012. Vol. 3. No. 1. P. 45-80.
- Chapter Bronzo S. Context, Compositionally, and Nonsense in Wittgenstein's Tractatus, in: Beyond the Tractatus Wars: The New Wittgenstein Debate. Routledge, 2011. Ch. 4. P. 84-111.
- Article Bronzo S. Rispondere delle proprie parole. Temi cavelliani nel «Tractatus» // Iride. Journal of Philosophy and Public Debate. 2011. Vol. XXIV. No. 3. P. 615-630. doi
- Chapter Bronzo S. La lettura risoluta e i suoi critici. Breve guida alla letteratura, in: Rileggere Wittgenstein / Пер. с англ. Rome : Carocci Editore, 2010. Ch. Afterward. P. 269-297.
- 2019Wittgenstein's Legacy (Leipzig). Presentation: Truth-Bearers in Frege and the Tractatus
- 42nd International Wittgenstein Symposium 2019. Crisis and Critique: Philosophical Analysis and Current Events (Kirchberg am Wechsel). Presentation: Forms of Life and Social Critique: Pasolini after Wittgenstein
- 2018Rules, Forms of Life, and the Law - GDRI Forms of Life (Paris). Presentation: Living without a Form of Life: Pasolini on Cultural Transformations
- Wittgenstein Workshop - University of Chicago (Chicago). Presentation: Propositional Complexity and the Frege-Geach Point
- Logic and Ethics: The Philosophy of Cora Diamond. Presentation: "Syntax and Semantics in Wittgenstein's Tractatus"
- Humboldt Kolloquium - University of Leipzig (Leipzig). Presentation: "Propositional Complexity and the Frege-Geach Point"
- Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus 1918-2018 (Moscow). Presentation: "Syntax and Semantics in Wittgenstein's Tractatus"
- Wittgenstein and Frege on Psychologism: The Centennial of the Publication of Der Gedanke (Cracow). Presentation: Truth-Bearers in Wittgenstein's Tractatus
- 2017Wittgenstein: Critique and Reconstruction in Philosophical Culture (Rome). Presentation: Wittgenstein, Philosophy, and Demystification
- Modes of Thinking, Ways of Speaking (Moscow). Presentation: Truth-bearers as Acts: On Peter Hanks' Residual Platonism
- PhilLang2017 (Lodz). Presentation: Actions, Products, and Truth-Bearers: A Critique of Moltmann's Neo-Twardowskian Account
- ECAP9 (Munich). Presentation: Truth-bearers as Acts: On Peter Hanks' Residual Platonism
- Alternative Contemporary Ethics (Rome). Presentation: Perfectionism and the Enlightenment in Cavell and Pasolini
- The Histories of Analytic Philosophy (Rome). Presentation: The Idea and Ideology of Analytic Philosophy
- Contextuality and Compositionality (moscow). Presentation: The Context Principle and Compositionality
- HSE Philosophy Colloquium - Symposium on Signs and Symbols (Moscow). Presentation: Wittgenstein on Signs, Symbols, and Meaning
- 2016The Bounds of Logic Reloaded (Moscow). Presentation: Logic, Truth-Bearers, and Wittgenstein's Tractatus
- Philosophy Research Seminar (Turku). Presentation: Truth-Bearers in Wittgenstein's Tractatus
HSE Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Aaron James Wendland, recently launched a popular philosophy column in a prominent British Magazine: The New Statesman. In this interview, we ask Aaron about his research interests, his experience at HSE, and the rationale behind his new column on popular philosophy.
In this issue of The HSE Look, we would like to focus on three of the many seminar series which are held at HSE, and we are glad to present the interview with Ulrika Carlsson about the Philosophy Colloquium at HSE School of Philosophy in Moscow.