Isaac Olumayowa Oni
- Postgraduate Student:Vishnevsky Institute of Demography / Department of Demography
- Research Assistant:International Laboratory for Social Integration Research
- Isaac Olumayowa Oni has been at HSE University since 2017.
Participates in collective projects, seminars, conferences and summer schools organized by the Laboratory.
3rd year of study
Approved topic of thesis: Socio-economic Integration of African Migrants in Russia
Academic Supervisor: Oparin, Dmitriy
- 2018International Scientific Conference of Students and Young Scientists “Lomonosov-2018” (Москва). Presentation: Socioeconomic Integration: A Determining Factor Of Migrant Workers; A Case Of Nigerian Labor Migrants In Russia
- National Research University- Higher School of Economics, XIX April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development 2018, Russia (Moscow). Presentation: Comparative prevalence study and factors Persistently Exposing Women to Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) in two large African countries.
Researcher, Institute of Social Policy, Higher School of Economics 2018
Teaching Assistant (Migration and Development), Higher School of Economics 2017
Student Tutor, Higher School of Economics 2017
Lecturer, Canaan Group of School, Lagos, Nigeria 2014
In Pursuit of the African Migrant Experience: HSE Doctoral Student Sheds Light on an Understudied Segment of the Moscow Population
At the recent seminar of the HSE International Laboratory for Social Integration Research, Isaac Olumayowa Oni, HSE doctoral student and lab research assistant, spoke about African migration to Russia. In an interview with HSE News Service, Isaac discussed his research and talked about what it’s like to study at HSE and live in Moscow.