- Junior Research Fellow:Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience / Centre for Bioelectric Interfaces
- Senior Lecturer:Faculty of Computer Science / School of Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence
- Nikolay Smetanin has been at HSE University since 2017.
- Research Seminar "Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Computer Science; 3 year, 1-4 module)Eng
- Article Smetanin N., Belinskaya A., Lebedev M., Ossadtchi A. Digital filters for low-latency quantification of brain rhythms in real-time // Journal of Neural Engineering. 2020. Vol. 17. No. 4. P. 1-14. doi
- Article Belinskaya A., Lebedev M., Smetanin N., Ossadtchi A. Short-delay neurofeedback facilitates training of the parietal alpha rhythm // Journal of Neural Engineering. 2020. Vol. 17. No. 6. P. 066012. doi
- Article Smetanin N., Volkova K., Zabodaev S., Lebedev M., Ossadtchi A. NFBLab - a versatile software for neurofeedback and brain-computer interface research // Frontiers in Neuroinformatics. 2018. Vol. 12. No. 100. P. 1-18. doi
- Article Dmitrieva L., Smetanin N., Kuperin Y., Chernykh G. Method of calculating Lyapunov exponents for time series using artificial neural networks committees // Days on Diffraction (DD). 2016. P. 127-132. doi
Today, neuroscience and robotics are developing hand in hand. Mikhail Lebedev, Academic Supervisor at HSE University’s Centre for Bioelectric Interfaces, spoke about how studying the brain inspires the development of robots.
We have made four poster presentations at OHBM-2019, a major neuroscience conference held in Rome and sponsored by the Organization for Human Brain Mapping.
On April 16, 2019, Alex Ossadtchi and Mikhail Lebedev have made a keynote speech at the Skolkovo Robotics 2019 event. Nickolay Smetanin has also demoed a neurointerface designed at the CBI to control an exoskeleton (made by the Russian company ExoAtlet).
Russia-24 aired a story in which Alex Ossadtchi, Ksenia Volkova, Nickolay Smetanin, Alexander Belyayev and Alexandra Kuznetsova talk about the CBI and its research: an exoskeleton-controlling neurointerface, myographic interface to control a hand avatar and the main project to develop an invasive neurointerface to be used in clinical settings.
At the international symposium ExoRehab Spotlights 2018 held on December 5 in Moscow, researchers of the Center for Bioelectric Interfaces Nikolai Smetanin, Aleksandra Kuznetsova and Alexei Ossadtchi presented Russia's first EEG-based neural interface that uses lower limb motor imagery for exoskeleton control. Alexei Ossadtchi also made a presentation "BCI for walk decoding". This work has been a collaboration with the Russian company ExoAtlet.
Megagrant #14.641.31.0003 "Bi-directional ECoG BCIs for contol, stimulation and communication". Lead scentist: Mikhail Lebedev.
The CBI team won second place at the “Neurothlon” International Competition of Assistive Technologies. Valentina Bulgakova, Nikolay Smetanin and Ignat Dubyshkin represented our team in Samara. Ksenia Volkova, Julia Nurislamova and Anastasia Belinskaya participated as algorithm developers. Moreover, this victory was possible thanks to our pilots Artiom Vorobiov and Sergei Anashkov.
Valentina Bulgakova and Nikolai Smetanin will take part in the conference Cell-NERF Symposium: Neurotechnologies
Valentina Bulgakova and Nikolai Smetanin will present a poster at the Cell-NERF Symposium: Neurotechnologies in Belgium.
A team of post-graduate students and researchers from the HSE Centre for Cognition & Decision Making have invented a multiplayer BCI game, which is won by the player who best controls a robot with their mind.