- Vice President
- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Alexey Novoseltsev has been at HSE University since 2003.
- General coordination of HSE University’s activities in strategic and procedural support of financial sustainability and evaluating the efficiency of the use of financial resources;
- Complex analysis of the efficiency of existing administration tools and projects; searching for new business models in HSE University’s financial operations, including those based on new technology;
- Participation in strategic planning of financial and operational activities, detecting new areas for resource allocation within HSE University’s operations;
- Preparing suggestions on improving HSE University’s administration system within defined areas of responsibility and types of activities, including those related to closure of the least effective programmes and projects;
- Providing cross-functional interaction between the university’s departments within defined areas of responsibility and types of HSE University activities, with the aim of improving the efficiency of resource management.
Degree in Economics
Finance Academy under the Government of the Russian Federation
Moscow Aviation Institute
- HSE Director for Innovation and Enterprise (2010-2012),
- Deputy Director, HSE Institute of Public Administration and Municipal Management (2003-2010),
- General Director, Auditing company "Univers-Audit", Moscow (2000-2003)
Speaches at International conferences
February 21-22, 2012, Skolkovo
“Development of a system to foster innovative entrepreneurship: Case of Higher School of Economics”,
@ Conference “Development of Centers for Entrepreneurship and Innovation in universities”
organized by the Skolkovo Foundation, SkolkovoTech, Russian Venture Company and the Association of Entrepreneurial Universities of Russia
December 8, 2011, Moscow, HSE
«HSE Innovation Infrastructure Development Program: the interim results and near-term outlook»
@ HSE Council for Innovative Entrepreneurship, The 2nd meeting
organized by the HSE Innovation and Enterprise Office
November 20-22, 2011, University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands
“Catching up the moment to enhance university-industry liaisons: case of HSE”
@The European University – Business thematic Forum "Innovating together:partnerships for an entrepreneurial Europe"
organized by the European Commission.
- Article Клячко Т. Л., Новосельцев А. В., Одоевская Е. В., Синельников-Мурылев С. Г. Уроки пандемии коронавируса и возможное изменение механизма финансового обеспечения деятельности вузов // Вопросы образования. 2021. № 1. С. 8-30. doi
- Book Dabić M., Kariv D., Salvador E., Guerrero M., Urbano D., Koski I., Thurner T., Novoseltsev A. Do We Need The Entrepreneurial University? A Triple Helix Perspective / Ed. by M. Dabić. Zagreb : University of Zagreb, 2012.
- Chapter Thurner T., Novoseltsev A. The Higher School of Economics: An illustration of an entrepreneurial focus within the “new” Russian university environment, in: Do We Need The Entrepreneurial University? A Triple Helix Perspective / Ed. by M. Dabić. Zagreb : University of Zagreb, 2012. Ch. 9. P. 157-165.
A regular session of the HSE Academic Council considered the key aspects of university’s operations in 2022. In particular, the business plan for 2022 and the planning period of 2023 and 2024 was approved, the decision to rename the Faculty of Communications, Media and Design to the Faculty of Creative Industries was made, and the Regulations on Organization of Interim and Ongoing Assessment of Students were approved.
HSE faculty and staff on Sputnik V, Russia’s first vaccine against COVID-19
As of September 30, 2020, HSE University’s endowment fund reached 1,054,203,380 rubles. According to data from 2019, HSE University ranks among the top three state universities in Russia in terms of assets.
The best features of the university model created by HSE over the years will be preserved, but a new model is essential for further development. This new model will focus on project-based learning for all students, as well as the digital transformation in the field of education.
On November 27, the HSE Academic Council held an awards ceremony dedicated to the university’s 25th anniversary. The meeting saw the participation of representatives of the Russian President, members of government, and members of the Russian Federal Assembly. Governmental awards were given to a number of HSE employees for their tremendous accomplishments.
HSE Academic Council has approved a draft financial and economic plan for the University in 2015.
At a meeting of HSE’s Academic Council on May 30, Evgeny Yasin was reelected as the university’s academic supervisor, and Alexander Shokhin — as HSE’s president.
In early June a HSE delegation visited the University of Texas at Austin and the University of Arizona, Tucson. The host universities are partners of the HSE in the Innovative Infrastructure Development Programme.