- Vice Rector
- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Alexey Novoseltsev has been at HSE since 2003.
- Coordinating and supervising the development and implementation of HSE’s business plan;
- Coordinating and supervising the development and implementation of HSE’s financial policies, including evaluations of the economic efficiency of HSE departments and campuses;
- Supervising the implementation and improvement of:
- Legal groundwork for HSE activities;
- HR policy in accordance with the HSE development strategy.
- Overseeing the preparation of recommendations on improving HSE’s system of administration under the activity areas listed above;
- Planning and organizing the Financial Committee’s work;
- Supervising the development and implementation of HSE policies with regard to intellectual rights; developing the intellectual property commercialization mechanisms at HSE.
Degree in Economics
Finance Academy under the Government of the Russian Federation
Moscow Aviation Institute
- HSE Director for Innovation and Enterprise (2010-2012),
- Deputy Director, HSE Institute of Public Administration and Municipal Management (2003-2010),
- General Director, Auditing company "Univers-Audit", Moscow (2000-2003)
Speaches at International conferences
February 21-22, 2012, Skolkovo
“Development of a system to foster innovative entrepreneurship: Case of Higher School of Economics”,
@ Conference “Development of Centers for Entrepreneurship and Innovation in universities”
organized by the Skolkovo Foundation, SkolkovoTech, Russian Venture Company and the Association of Entrepreneurial Universities of Russia
December 8, 2011, Moscow, HSE
«HSE Innovation Infrastructure Development Program: the interim results and near-term outlook»
@ HSE Council for Innovative Entrepreneurship, The 2nd meeting
organized by the HSE Innovation and Enterprise Office
November 20-22, 2011, University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands
“Catching up the moment to enhance university-industry liaisons: case of HSE”
@The European University – Business thematic Forum "Innovating together:partnerships for an entrepreneurial Europe"
organized by the European Commission.
- Book Dabić M., Kariv D., Salvador E., Guerrero M., Urbano D., Koski I., Thurner T., Novoseltsev A. Do We Need The Entrepreneurial University? A Triple Helix Perspective / Ed. by M. Dabić. Zagreb : University of Zagreb, 2012.
- Chapter Thurner T., Novoseltsev A. The Higher School of Economics: An illustration of an entrepreneurial focus within the “new” Russian university environment, in: Do We Need The Entrepreneurial University? A Triple Helix Perspective / Ed. by M. Dabić. Zagreb : University of Zagreb, 2012. Ch. 9. P. 157-165.
On November 27, the HSE Academic Council held an awards ceremony dedicated to the university’s 25th anniversary. The meeting saw the participation of representatives of the Russian President, members of government, and members of the Russian Federal Assembly. Governmental awards were given to a number of HSE employees for their tremendous accomplishments.
HSE Academic Council has approved a draft financial and economic plan for the University in 2015.
At a meeting of HSE’s Academic Council on May 30, Evgeny Yasin was reelected as the university’s academic supervisor, and Alexander Shokhin — as HSE’s president.
In early June a HSE delegation visited the University of Texas at Austin and the University of Arizona, Tucson. The host universities are partners of the HSE in the Innovative Infrastructure Development Programme.