- Leading Research Fellow:The International Centre for the History and Sociology of World War II and Its Consequences
- Gennady Estraikh has been at HSE since 2017.
Education and Degrees
PhD in D. Phil
University of Oxford
Thesis Title: Origin and Features of Soviet Yiddish
Degree in Radio Engineering
Zaporozhye National Technical University
- Article Estraikh G. Birobidzhan in Khrushchev’s Thaw: the soviet and the western outlook // Journal of Modern Jewish Studies. 2018. P. 1-19. doi
- Article Estraikh G. Escape through Poland: Soviet Jewish Emigration in the 1950s // Jewish History. 2018. Vol. 31. No. 3-4. P. 291-317. doi
- Article Estraikh G. The Life, Death, and Afterlife of the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee // East European Jewish Affairs. 2018. Vol. 48. No. 2. P. 139-148. doi
- Article Estraikh G. The Missing Years: Yiddish Writers in Soviet Bialystok, 1939-41 // East European Jewish Affairs. 2016. Vol. 46. No. 2. P. 171-191. doi
- Book Эстрайх Г. Я. Еврейская литературная жизнь Москвы, 1917–1991. СПб. : Издательство Европейского университета в Санкт-Петербурге, 2015.
- Book Estraikh G. Yiddish in the Cold War. Oxford : Legenda, 2008.
- Book Estraikh G. In Harness: Yiddish Writers’ Romance with Communism. Syracuse University Press, 2005.
- Book Estraikh G. Soviet Yiddish: Language Planning and Linguistic Development. Oxford : Clarendon Press, 1999.
2003 – Clinical Professor in Hebrew and Judaic Studies (earlier Visiting and, from 2006, Clinical Associate Professor of Yiddish Studies), New York University