- Professor:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management / Department of Management
- Romie Littrell has been at HSE since 2017.
PROF. DR. Romie Frederick Littrell, thesis and research paper supervisions (rev. 5 Oct 18)
Prof. Dr. Romie Frederick Littrell, PhD, Department of Management, NRU-HSE-SPb
For list of supervised theses & dissertations, and those resulting in publications in academic journals go to this website: https://romielittrell.homestead.com/
Or directly to this link: https://romielittrell.homestead.com/Littrell-Thesis-Research-Paper-Topics-Oct-2018.docx
Topics of interest:
Management across cultures: comparative studies of the effects of culture and cultural differences on management processes within and between countries
Preferred leader behavior across cultures: comparative studies of the effects of culture and cultural differences on leader behavior preferences within and between countries
Cultural distance and business entry mode choices between countries and/or cultures
Human Resource Management across countries and cultures
Description and comparison of societal cultures using value dimension theories/models by Geert Hofstede, the GLOBE (Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Efdfectiveness) Project, Shalom Schwartz’ theory/model, between and within countries.
Area studies: Russia and the CIS, North East Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, Africa (especially Sub-Saharan Africa); Europe, Scandinavian Europe, North America, Latin America, Australasia.
Any international business management and environment studies that are of particular interest and value to the student.
- Doing business in Asian Cultures: Introduction (Bachelor’s programme; Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Business and Politics in Modern Asia")Eng
- Leadership Challenges in International Business in Asia (Bachelor’s programme; Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Business and Politics in Modern Asia")Eng
- Сross-Cultural Communication (Bachelor’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; programme "Management"; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Article Littrell R., Kuskova V. Explicit preferred leader behaviours across cultures: Instrument development and validation // Journal of Management Development. 2018. Vol. 37. No. 3. P. 243-257. doi
- Article Литтрелл Р. Ф., Minelgaite Snaebjornsson I., Urboniene L., Kristjánsdóttir E. S. The Desired Managerial Leader Behavior: Leader Profile in the Education Sector in Iceland Examined from a Follower-Centric Perspective // SAGE Open. 2018. Т. 8. № 2. С. 1-11. doi (in press)
- Article Minelgaite I., Littrell R. Предпочтительный профиль поведения лидера страны: имеет ли значение культурная однородность? // Management: Journal of Contemporary Management. 2018. Vol. 23. No. 1. P. 1-27. doi
- Article Littrell R., Edvardson I., Minelgaite Snaebjornsson I. Snaebjornsson, I. M., Edvardsson, I. R., & Littrell, R. F. (2017). Societal Culture in Iceland and Lithuania: Managerial Implications. SAGE Open, 7(2), 1-15, 2158244017704023. // Sage Open. 2017. Vol. 7. No. 2. P. 1-15. doi (in press)
- Article Littrell R., Doran C. Measuring mainstream US cultural values. Journal of business ethics // Journal of Business Ethics. 2013. Vol. 117. No. 2. P. 261-280. doi (in press)
October 11, 2017
Seminar by professor Romie Littrell
The Business of International Business is Culture: Russia and Asia Dimensions
Every year The HSE Look continues its tradition of welcoming newly recruited international faculty via short summaries about their positions and research interests. In the 34th issue we introduce the tenure-track faculty members, and in November you can learn more about post-doctoral researchers who are starting their work at HSE this fall.