- Professor:Faculty of Physics
- Alexey Starobinsky has been at HSE University since 2017.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Landau Institute of Theoretical Physics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Article Calderon R., Felbacq D., Gannouji R., Polarski D., Starobinsky A.A. Global properties of the growth index of matter inhomogeneities in the Universe // Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology. 2019. Vol. 100. No. 8. P. 083503. doi
- Article Li X., Shafieloo A., Sahni V., Starobinsky Alexei A. Revisiting metastable dark energy and tensions in the estimation of cosmological parameters // Astrophysical Journal. 2019. Vol. 887. No. 2. P. 153. doi
- Article Kamenshchik A. Y., Pozdeeva E. O., Starobinsky Alexei A., Tronconi A., Vardanyan T., Venturi G., Vernov S. Y. Duality between static spherically or hyperbolically symmetric solutions and cosmological solutions in scalar-tensor gravity // Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology. 2018. Vol. 98. No. 12. P. 124028-1-124028-10. doi
- Article Shafieloo A., L'Huillier B., Starobinsky Alexei A. Falsifying ΛCDM: Model-independent tests of the concordance model with eBOSS DR14Q and Pantheon // Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology. 2018. Vol. 98. No. 8. P. 083526. doi
- Article Kamenshchik A. Y., Starobinsky Alexei A., Tronconi A., Vardanyan T., Venturi G. Pauli-Zeldovich cancellation of the vacuum divergences, auxiliary fields and supersymmetry // The European Physical Journal C - Particles and Fields. 2018. Vol. 78. No. 3. P. 1-12. doi
- Article Shafieloo A., L'Huillier B., Hazra D. K., Smoot G. F., Starobinsky Alexei A. Probing features in the primordial perturbation spectrum with large-scale structure data // Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. 2018. Vol. 477. No. 2. P. 2503-2512. doi
Editorial board membership
2012: Member of the Editorial Board, The European Physical Journal C - Particles and Fields.
2002: Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics.
1994: Deputy Editor-in-chief, Гравитация и космология (Gravitation and Cosmology).
1992: Deputy Editor-in-chief, Письма в Астрономический журнал (Astronomy Letters).
1991: Member of the Editorial Board, Письма в Журнал экспериментальной и теоретической физики (JETP Letters).
Alexey Starobinsky, a professor of physics at HSE University and a fellow at the Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics at the Russian Academy of Science, has been awarded the Dirac Medal of the ICTP, a prestigious prize awarded annually by the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics. HSE News Service spoke with the laureate about his path to international recognition, his students, and the award.
Lead analyst at the HSE’s Institute of Social Policy Lidia Prokofieva and HSE Professor at the Faculty of Physics Alexei Starobinsky have been honored by the French government for their contribution to science and education.