- Assistant Professor:Institute of Education / Department of Educational Programmes
- Morteza Charkhabi has been at HSE University since 2017.
Education and Degrees
University of Verona
Master's in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz
Bachelor's in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
2012 - Postgraduate Degree, University of Verona, Italy
2014 - Teaching Assistant, University of Verona, Italy
2015 - Occupational Saftey and Health Lab, Visiting scholar at Washington State University, US
2017 - Invited Visiting Scholar at Iran Medical Science University, Tehran, Iran
2017 - Doctorate Degree, KU Leuven, Belgium
2017 - Affiliated Researcher, Clermont Auvergne University, France
2018 - Research Fellow at NeuroLab, National Research University, Moscow, Russia
- Article Charkhabi M. Case-method teaching: advantages and disadvantages in organizational training // Journal of Management Development. 2018. Vol. 37. No. 9/10. P. 711-720. doi
- Article Charkhabi M. Do cognitive appraisals moderate the link between qualitative job insecurity and psychological-behavioral well-being? // International Journal of Workplace Health Management. 2018. Vol. 11. No. 6. P. 424-441. doi
- Article Charkhabi M. Development, Test and Validation of the Triangle Scale of Chronic Job Insecurity (TSC-JI) // APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY AROUND THE WORLD. 2019. Vol. 1. No. 1. P. 53-60.
- Article Charkhabi M. Moving from a National Model toward a Provincial Model of Empowerment for Managers and Executives in Public Sector: A Case Study // Iranian Journal of Management Studies. 2019. Vol. 12. No. 4. P. 629-655. doi
- Article Charkhabi M. Quantitative Job Insecurity and Well-being: Testing the Mediating Role of Hindrance and Challenge Appraisals // Frontiers in Psychology. 2019. P. 1-10. doi
- Article Charkhabi M., Халезов Е. А., Kotova T., Baker J. S., Durheil F., Arsalidou M. School Engagement of Children in Early Grades: Psychometric, and Gender Comparisons // Plos One. 2019. Vol. 14. No. 11. P. 1-13. doi
- Article Charkhabi M. Wearable cognitive assistants in a factory setting: a critical review of a promising way of enhancing cognitive performance and well-being // Cognition, Technology and Work. 2019. P. 1-14. doi
- Chapter Arsalidou M., Faber A., Charkhabi M., Khalezov E., Liashenko A. Is cognitive school engagement a better predictor of school performance? Findings from Russian students and teachers, in: PSY-ВЫШКА Сборник материалов Международной научной конференции / Отв. ред.: Е. С. Горбунова. Российский новый университет, 2020. P. 305-306.
- Article Charkhabi M. Letter to the Editor: Comment on "Maternal exposure to air pollution and risk of autism in children: A systematic review and meta-analysis". // Environmental Pollution. 2020. Vol. 264. No. 114724. P. 1-3. doi
- Article Charkhabi M. Validity and reliability of the Persian version of the Insomnia Diurnal Impact Scale (IDIS) // Sleep and Breathing. 2020 doi
Pychological Medicine; Sage Open; Stress and Health; Economic and Industrial Democracy; Sustainability; International Journal of Workplace Health Management; European Journal of Training and Development
Workaholism or work addiction risk is a growing public health concern that can lead to many negative mental and physical health outcomes such as depression, anxiety or sleep disorder. Perception of work (job demands and job control) may become a major cause of employees’ work addiction. The international group of researchers including the HSE University scientist explored the link between work addiction risk and health-related outcomes using the framework of Job Demand Control Model. The results were published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.
Every year, HSE hires post-doctoral researchers from all over the world. And in 2017-18, more than 30 of them started work at laboratories and research centres in a large range of fields and specializations. The HSE Lookis pleased to introduce this year’s international researchers, so that you can learn more about your colleagues and find out about opportunities for potential collaboration.