- Research Fellow:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / Centre for Interdisciplinary Basic Research
- Leading Research Fellow:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics
- Hans Koster has been at HSE University since 2018.
Education and Degrees
University of Amsterdam
Master's in Spatial Economics, Transport Economics, and Environmental Economics
VU University Amsterdam
- Article Koster H., van Oort F. G., Gerritse M., Cheng F. F. Place-Based Policies, Firm Productivity and Displacement Effects: Evidence from Shenzhen, China // Journal of Regional Science. 2019. Vol. 59. No. 2. P. 187-213. doi
- Article Koster H., Cheshire P., Hilber C. A. Regulating Vacancies Away? The Paradoxical Effects of (Mis)match in the Housing Market // Journal of Public Economics. 2019. Vol. 158. P. 126-151.
- Article Koster H., Ostermeijer F., van Ommeren J. Residential parking costs and car ownership: Implications for parking policy and automated vehicles // Regional Science and Urban Economics. 2019. Vol. 77. No. 7. P. 276-288. doi
- Article Koster H., Pasidis I., van Ommeren J. Shopping externalities and retail concentration: Evidence from dutch shopping streets // Journal of Urban Economics. 2019 doi (in press)
- Article de Groote J., van Ommeren J., Koster H. The Effect of Paid Parking and Bicycle Subsidies on Employees’ Parking Demand // Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice. 2019. Vol. 128. P. 46-58. doi
- Article Cheshire P., Hilber C., Koster H. Empty Homes, Longer Commutes: the Unintended Consequences of more Restrictive Local Planning // Journal of Public Economics. 2018. Vol. 158. P. 126-151. doi
- Article Koster H., de Groote J., van Ommeren J. The impact of parking policy on house prices // Journal of Transport Economics and Policy. 2018. Vol. 52. No. 3. P. 267-282.
- Article Koster H., Rouwendal J. Historic Amenities and Housing Externalities: Evidence from the Netherlands // Economic Journal. 2017. Vol. 127. No. 605. P. F396-F420. doi
- Article Koster H., Dröes M. Renewable energy and negative externalities: The effect of wind turbines on house prices // Journal of Urban Economics. 2016. Vol. 96. P. 121-141. doi
On October 2 and 3, HSE University simultaneously celebrated two anniversaries of Russian-Dutch academic cooperation: the 25th anniversary of joint educational programmes between HSE University and Erasmus University Rotterdam, and the 10th anniversary of the Dutch educational center, Nuffic Neso Russia, with which HSE has a long-standing partnership.