- Research Fellow:Institute of Education / Centre for Psychometrics and Measurement in Education
- Kanonirs Georgijs has been at HSE University since 2018.
Software development for primary school pupil testing - "СТАРТ" and "ПРОГРЕСС", and for high school pupil testing - "Цифровая Грамотность".
- Article Kuzmina Y., Ivanova A., Georgijs K. Inattention, hyperactivity/impulsivity, and mathematics: Exploring gender differences in a nonclinical sample // Research in Developmental Disabilities. 2021. Vol. 119. Article 104107. doi
- Preprint Larina G., Kuzmina Y., Georgijs K. The Precision of Symbolic Numerical Representation in Verbal Format Has an Indirect Effect on Math Performance in First Grade / Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ. Series WP BRP "PSYCHOLOGY". 2020. No. 120.
- Firmware engineer, MyM (startup)
Riga, Latvia – 2014-2015
I have worked on firmware and gesture recognition algorithms for the MyM wand device that uses gestures to control other devices (e.g. Sphero, Smart TVs).
Exemplar-based gesture recognition algorithm using IMU data, Madgwick filter and Affinity Propagation clustering technique.
- Scientific assistant, Institute of Electronics and Computer Science
Riga, Latvia – 2010-2014
I have performed R&D activities in the Laboratory of Cyberphysical Systems working in the area of wireless sensor networks, assisted/cooperative/autonomous driving, computer vision, machine learning and robotics.
- Prototype of integrated IMU/GPS/Magnetometer navigation system that uses Mahony/Madgwick and Kalman filters for the tracked object state (orientation and position) estimation;
- Pothole detection algorithm and application that performs accelerometer data analysis on Android device for the road condition estimation;
- Computer-driven acceleration/brake system for the robotic car;
- Long-range wireless sensor network energy efficient operating system for the real-time applications (FarmOS).
- Scientific assistant, University of Latvia
Riga, Latvia – 2013
I have worked at the Department of Computer Science working on wireless sensor network operating system (MansOS) and IDE development, and experimenting in the wild to provide data to agricultural scientists for the research purposes.
Wireless sensor network operating system (MansOS) and IDE.
- Senior programmer, a/s Exigen Services Latvia
Riga, Latvia – 2006-2010
I have worked on Java-based web-applications for the research information exchange, insurance management, mortgage asset management etc.
- Programmer, SIA „Optum Plus”
Riga, Latvia – 2005
I have worked on Java-based desktop application for the logistics.
Scientists from the Institute of Education at HSE University have shown that children with high levels of inattentiveness demonstrate lower performance in mathematics in primary school, and that this underachievement is more pronounced in girls than in boys. A similar correlation was not observed in the case of hyperactivity.