- Senior Research Fellow:International College of Economics and Finance / International Laboratory of Financial Economics
- Dimitrios Tsomocos has been at HSE University since 2018.
Education and Degrees
- Preprint Andreev M., Peiris U., Shirobokov A., Tsomocos D. Commodity Cycles and Financial Instability in Emerging Economies / Bank of Russia. Series 57 "WORKING PAPER SERIES". 2020. No. 57. doi
- Article Andreev M., Peiris U., Shirobokov A., Tsomocos D. Macroprudential Policy and Financial (In)stability Analysis in the Russian Federation // Деньги и кредит. 2019. Vol. 78. No. 3. P. 3-37. doi
- Article Goodhart C., Isakov K., Peiris Udara, Tsomocos Dimitrios. Debt Overhang and Monetary Policy in Czech Republic // HSE Economic Journal. 2018. Vol. 22. No. 3. P. 460-479.
- Preprint Peiris U., Sokolova A., Tsomocos D. Capital Flows, Default, and Renegotiation in a Small Open Economy / University of Oxford. Series Saïd Business School "WP 2017". 2017. No. 03.
- Chapter Tsomocos D., Goodhart C., Vardoulakis A. Foreclosures, Monetary Policy and Financial Stability, in: X Международная научная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества: В 3 кн. / Отв. ред.: Е. Г. Ясин. Кн. 1. М. : Издательский дом ГУ-ВШЭ, 2010.
- "Debt, Recovery Rates and the Greek Dilemma", (with C.A.E. Goodhart and M.U. Peiris), Journal of Financial Stability, in press.
- "Liquidity and default in an exchange economy", (with Martinez, S. Juan Francisco), Journal of Financial Stability, Volume 35, Pages 192-214, April 2018.
- "Liquidity, Default and the Interaction of Financial Stability and Monetary Policy" (with U. Peiris and A. Vardoulakis), in The Changing Fortunes of Central Banking. Edited by P. Hartmann, H, Huang and D. Schoenmaker. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2018.
- "How investment opportunities impact optimal capital structure", (with Antonio Lupi and Stanley Myint), Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Volume 29, Issue 4, Pages 112-124, Fall 2017.
- "Liquidity, Default and Macroprudential Policy", SUERF Conference Proceedings, 2017/2 : pp 27-32.
- "A Reconsideration of Minsky's Financial Instability Hypothesis", (with S. Bhattacharya, C.A.E. Goodhart and A.P.Vardoulakis), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Volume 47, Issue 5, pages 931–973, August 2015.
- "Monetary Transaction Costs and the Term Premium", (with R. Espinoza), Economic Theory 59(2), pp 355-375, June 2015.
- "On Default and Uniqueness of Monetary Equilibria", (with Li Lin and Alexandros Vardoulakis), Economic Theory (June 2016), Volume 62, Issue 1, pp 245–264, also appeared as Federal Reserve Board Staff Working Paper (2014-34), May, 2015.
- "International Monetary Equilibrium with Default", (with M.U. Peiris), Journal of Mathematical Economics 56, pp 47-57, 2015.
- "Debt Deflation Effects of Monetary Policy" (with Li Lin and Alexandros Vardoulakis), Journal of Financial Stability 21 (2015): 81-94, also appeared as Federal Reserve Board Staff Working Paper (2014-37), May, 2014
- "How does macroprudential regulation change bank credit supply?" (with Anil Kashyap and Alexandros Vardoulakis), NBER working paper 20165, May 2014.
- "International Monetary Regimes", (with C.A.E. Goodhart), Capitalism and Society Vol. 9, No. 2, Article 2, 2014
- "General Equilibrium Analysis of the Czech Financial Market and a Financial Fragility Model" (with O. Machek, L. Smrčka, J. Hnilica and M. Arltová), Politická Ekonomie, Rocnik 62, pp. 437-458, 2014. (English version)
- "Principles for Macroprudential Regulation", (with A.K. Kashyap and A.P. Vardoulakis), Banque de France Financial Stability Review, No. 18, pp. 173-182, April 2014.
- Book Review: Edward M. Feasel, Japan's Aid: Lessons for Economic Growth, Development and Political Economy, (Routledge, 2014), Journal of Economics and Political Economy 1.2 (2014): 373-376.
- “Measures of Systemic Risk and Financial Fragility in Korea”, (with J-H. Lee and J. Ryu), Annals of Finance, 9:757-787, 2013.
- “Global Capital Imbalances and Taxing Capital Flows”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart and M.U. Peiris), International Journal of Central Banking, Vol. 9, Number 2, pp.13-45, 2013.
- “An Integrated Framework for Multiple Financial Regulations”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart, A.K. Kashyap and A.P. Vardoulakis), International Journal of Central Banking, Vol. 9, Supplement 1, pp.109-143, 2013.
- “The Role of Default in Macroeconomics”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart), The Mayekawa Lecture, BoJ Monetary and Economic Studies, Vol. 29, November, pp. 49-72, 2011.
- “Θε μου Πρωτομάστορα Μύρισες την Ανάσταση, Ο. Ελύτης”, (In Greek), in Οδυσσέας Ελύτης. Edited by D. Davvetas, in Φιλελεύθερη Έμφαση, Τεύχος 49, 2011.
- “The Optimal Monetary Instrument for Prudential Purposes”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart and P. Sunirand), Journal of Financial Stability, Volume 7, 2:70-77, 2011.
- “Financial Instability, Institutions and Regulations: The 2009-2010 Greek Crisis”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart), Conference Proceedings of the International Conference on Financial and Economic Crisis. The Return to Stability, Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation, Athens, 2010.
- “Nominal Uniqueness and Money Non-Neutrality in the Limit-Price Exchange Process”, (with G. Giraud), Economic Theory, v. 45Nr. 1-2, pp.303-348, 2010.
- “On Dividend Restrictions and the Collapse of the Interbank Market”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart, U. M. Peiris and A.P. Vardoulakis), Annals of Finance, 6(4), pp. 455-73, 2010.
- “Rating Systems, Procyclicality and Basel II: An Evaluation in a General Equilibrium Framework”, (with C. Pederzolli and C. Toricelli), Annals of Finance, 6(1), pp. 33-49, 2010.
- “A Necessary and Sufficient Condition for Convergence of Statistical to Strategic Equilibria of Market Games”, (with D. Voliotis), International Game Theory Review, v. 11:4, pp. 1-11, 2009
- “Foreclosures, Monetary Policy and Financial Stability”, Conference Proceedings of 10th International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development, Moscow, 2009.
- “State Prices, Liquidity, and Default”, (with R.A. Espinoza and C.A.E. Goodhart), Economic Theory, v. 39, pp. 177-194, 2009.
- “Generic Determinacy and Money Non-Neutrality of International Monetary Equilibria”, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Volume 44, Issues 7-8, pp. 866-887, July 2008.
- “Evaluation of Macroeconomic Models for Financial Stability Analysis”, (with G. Bardsen and K-G. Lindquist), Journal of World Economic Review, Volume 3:1, pp 7-32, January-June 2008, 2008.
- “Banks, Relative Performance, and Sequential Contagion”, (with S. Bhattacharya, C.A.E. Goodhart and P. Sunirand), Economic Theory, v. 32, Nr. 2, pp. 381-398, 2007.
- “Towards a Measure of Financial Fragility”, (with O. Aspacs, C.A.E. Goodhart and L. Zicchino), Annals of Finance, 3(1), pp. 37-74, 2007.
- “Financial Stability: Theory and Applications”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart), Annals of Finance, 3(1), pp. 1-5, 2007.
- “A Model to Analyse Financial Fragility”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart and P. Sunirand), Economic Theory, v. 27, pp. 107-142, 2006.
- “A Time Series Analysis of Financial Fragility in the UK Banking System”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart and P. Sunirand), Annals of Finance, 2(1), pp. 1-21, 2006.
- “A Risk Assessment Model for Banks”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart and P. Sunirand), Annals of Finance, Volume 1, Nr. 2, pp. 197-224, January 2005.
- “Procyclicality and the New Basel Accord – Banks’ Choice of Loan Rating System”, (with E. Catarineu-Rabell and P. Jackson), Economic Theory, v.26. Nr.3, pp. 537-557, 2005.
- “A Model to Analyse Financial Fragility: Applications”, (with C.A.E. Goodhart and P. Sunirand), Journal of Financial Stability, Volume 1, 1:1-35, 2004.
- “The Influence of the Olympic Spirit to the Development of Modern Capital and Financial Markets”, IDISEEP 1st Conference Series, Proceedings, 2004.
- “Equilibrium Analysis, Banking, Contagion and Financial Fragility”, Bank of England W.P. Series #175, 2003. (Also, Greek Economic Review, Volume 23(1), 2004).
- “Equilibrium Analysis, Banking, and Financial Instability”, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Volume 39, Issues 5-6, pp. 619-655, July 2003.
- “E-Barter vs. Fiat Money: Will Central Banks Survive?” (with F. Capie and G. Wood), Bank of England W.P. Series #197, 2003. (Also, in Essays in Economic Theory in Honour of Professor Theofanis Benos. Edited by E. Drandakis, D. Glykopantis, and G Stamatis. Kritiki Publishing SA, Athens, 2007).
- “EURO: Challenges and Opportunities”, (“ΕΥΡΩ: Προκλήσεις και Προοπτικές”, (in Greek) Pemptousia, February 2003.
- “International Finance in General Equilibrium”, (with J. Geanakoplos), Ricerche Economiche, 56, pp. 85-142, 2002.
- “A Strategic Market Game with Seigniorage Costs of Fiat Money”, (with M. Shubik), Economic Theory, v.19. Nr.1, 2002.
- “Option Values and Endogenous Uncertainty in ESOPs, MBOs and Asset-Backed Loans”, (with G. Chichilnisky and G.M. Heal), Economics Letters, 48, 1995.
- “A Strategic Market Game with a Mutual Bank with Fractional Reserves and Redemption in Gold”, (with M. Shubik), Journal of Economics v.55. Nr 2, 1992.
- Appendix of “The Transactions Cost of Money”, by M. Shubik and S. Yao, Mathematical Social Sciences, 20, 1990.
Professor of Financial Economics at Saïd Business School and a Fellow in Management at St Edmund Hall, University of Oxford
An online panel discussion by economic experts will be hosted by ICEF on 3 June, 2020
On September 13, 230 graduates of ICEF-UoL Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes received their diplomas. The history of HSE's collaboration with the London School of Economics of the University of London spans more than 20 years and demonstrates the integral role that international cooperation between universities plays in academic, research, and cultural development. The graduates of 2018 are sure to continue this tradition.