- Chief Research Fellow:Ronald F. Inglehart Laboratory for Comparative Social Research
- Hanspeter Kriesi has been at HSE University since 2018.
Education and Degrees
University of Zurich
University of Chicago
Habilitation at the Phil I Faculty, 1980: University of Zurich
PhD in Sociology, 1976: University of Zurich
M.A. in Sociology, 1975: University of Chicago
Licence in Sociology, 1972: University of Bern
Student Term / Thesis Papers
A. Zheltoukhova, The Determinants of the Popularity of Nationalistic Ideologies: the Case of Hungary and Poland. Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies, 2020
- Article Bremer B., Hutter S., Kriesi H. Dynamics of Protest and Electoral Politics in the Great Recession // European Journal of Political Research. 2020 doi
- Article Kriesi H., Schulte-Cloos J. Support for Radical Parties in Western Europe: Structural Conflicts and Political Dynamics // Electoral Studies. 2020. Vol. 65. P. 102138. doi
- Article Kriesi H., Malet G. Economic Shocks and the Cost of Ruling: Evidence from Italy // Journal of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties. 2019. P. 1-20. doi
- Article Bernhard L., Kriesi H. Populism in Election Times: A Comparative Analysis of 11 Countries in Western Europe // West European Politics. 2019. Vol. 42. No. 6. P. 1188-1208. doi
- Article Hutter S., Kriesi H., Vidal G. Old versus new politics: the political spaces in Southern Europe in tiems of crises // Party Politics. 2018. Vol. 24. No. 1. P. 10-22. doi
- Article Ares M., Ceka B., Kriesi H. Diffuse support for the European Union: spillover effects of the politicization of the European integration process at the domestic level // Journal of European Public Policy. 2017. Vol. 24. No. 8. P. 1091-1115. doi
- Chapter Kriesi H., Morlino L. Conclusion — What Have We Learnt, and Where Do We Go from Here?, in: How Europeans View and Evaluate Democracy / Ed. by M. Ferrín, H. Kriesi. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2016. doi Ch. 14. P. 307-326. doi
- Book Politicising Europe: Integration and Mass Politics / Ed. by S. Hutter, E. Grande, H. Kriesi. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2016. doi
International Workshop “Social Inequality and Value Polarization: A Cross-Country Perspective” Opened Its Doors at HSE St.Petersburg
The International workshop “Social Inequality and Value Polarization: a Cross-Country Perspective”, co-organized by the Laboratory for Comparative Social Research and the Department of Sociology at the HSE in St.Petersburg, opened its doors on September 16, 2019.
Main goal of his report was an attempt to review in general terms the main results of the project “Political Conflict in Europe in the Context of the World Economic Crisis”.