- Academic Supervisor:Faculty of Economic Sciences / International Laboratory for Macroeconomic Analysis
- Hubert Kempf has been at HSE University since 2018.
-develop research work, to introduce the results of the scientific research into the teaching process
-perform supervision of junior scholars of the Laboratory
-participate in organisation and conducting research in the field of macroeconomics
- Article Kempf H. Fiscal Federalism in a Monetary Union: The No-Cooperation Pitfall // Open Economies Review. 2020 doi
- Article Kempf H. Greening Monetary Policy // Revue d'Economie Politique. 2020. Vol. 130. P. 311-343.
- Article Boyer P., Kempf H. Regulatory arbitrage and the efficiency of banking regulation // Journal of Financial Intermediation. 2020. Vol. 41. P. 100765. doi
- Article Coulibaly D., Kempf H. Inflation Targeting and the Forward Bias Puzzle in Emerging Countries // Journal of International Money and Finance. 2019. No. 90. P. 19-33. doi
During the pandemic, countries have endeavoured to protect their citizens without hurting their economies with excessive restrictions. At the seminar ‘Living with Covid-19: Optimal Lockdown Policies’, Hubert Kempf, academic supervisor of HSE University’s International Laboratory for Macroeconomic Analysis, presented a mathematical model that can be used to calculate the optimal level of restrictions.