- Associate Professor:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management / Department of Management
- Jasenko Ljubica has been at HSE University since 2018.
Education and Degrees
University of Split
Msc in Organization and Management
University of Split, Management
Awards and Accomplishments
Emerald Literati Award for Excellence for the Outstanding Reviewer contributions to the Journal of Global Mobility, 2020.
Case Study Competition Finalist – Ivey Publishing nominee for the EMFD Management Development Network Case Study Competition 2019
Best Paper Award (for the paper titled: ¨Linking organizational and individual cultural competence: one-step closer to multicultural organization¨), Tec de Monterrey, 2016.
Best Conference Reviewer Award, Academy of International Business, 2014.
Dean´s Award, University of Split, Faculty of Economics, 2011.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
M. Simango, International Freelance Service Agency. St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management, 2021
- Research Seminar "Global Challenges for International Business" (Master’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; 1 year, 1-4 module)Eng
- Institutional analysis (Bachelor’s programme; Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Current Trends in Cultural and Event Tourism Research" (Master’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Book Ljubica J. Innovating for the Middle of the Pyramid in Emerging Countries. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2021. doi
Articles and book chapters7
- Chapter Eileen D., Ljubica J. Banking the Unbanked: Innovative Business Models Championing the Financial Inclusion of Latin America’s MoP, in: Innovating for the Middle of the Pyramid in Emerging Countries. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2021. doi Ch. 6. P. 157-192. doi
- Chapter Ljubica J., Eileen D. From Mission Impossible to Mission Accomplished! Innovative Business Models Strengthening Poor Distribution Channels, in: Innovating for the Middle of the Pyramid in Emerging Countries. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2021. doi Ch. 11. P. 320-351. doi
- Article Ljubica J., Shaffer M., Tin S., McKouen K. A Model of the Dark Side of Expatriate-Host Country National Relationships // Journal of Global Mobility. 2019. Vol. 7. No. 2. P. 137-156. doi
- Article Ljubica J., Dulčić Ž., Aust I. Linking individual and organizational cultural competences: One step closer to multicultural organization // Management. 2016. Vol. 21. No. 2. P. 51-82.
- Article Engle R., Schlaegel C., Dimitriadi N., Tatoglu E., Ljubica J. Intent to become an expatriate: a multinational application of Ajzen’s theory of planned behavior and the role of gender // European Journal of International Management. 2015. Vol. 9. No. 1. P. 108-137. doi
- Chapter Ljubica J., Dulčić Ž. Megaships and developing cultural tourism in Dubrovnik, in: Cruise Tourism and Society: A Socio-economic Perspective. Heidelberg : Springer Publishing Company, 2012. doi doi
- Chapter Ljubica J., Petrić L. Potentials of the tourist valorization of intangible cultural heritage in rural areas of Dalmatia, in: Identity of the Croatian Adriatic: Retrospect & Prospect. Split : University of Split - Faculty of Economics, 2012. P. 211-233. doi
Mexican National System of Researchers (Sistema Nacional de Investigadores -SNI) continuous research funding 2017-2019. Total amount granted: 163,000 MXN (10,000 USD/ 8,000 EUR)
08/19-08/2021 -Chongqing Technology and Business University, (China), Visiting Professor & Research Associate
04/20-10/20: University of Edinburgh Business School (UK), External Dissertation Advisor
08/18-08/19: National Research University, Higher School of Economics, Sankt Petersburg, Russian Federation, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
07/15-07/18 - Tec de Monterrey (Mexico), Assistant Professor
07/18 - Guest Lecturer, University of Pavia, Faculty of Business & Economics, Department of Economics and Management, Italy (Invitation)
10/16-10/17- Universidad de Rosario (Bogota, Colombia); Visiting Professor
02/15-03/15: University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee (USA), Guest Lecturer (Invitation)
01/13 - 06/15: University of Split, Faculty of Economics (Croatia), Guest Lecturer