- Jasenko Ljubica has been at HSE since 2018.
PhD in Organization and Management
University of Split, Management
Msc in Organization and Management
University of Split, Management
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
07/18 - University of Pavia (Italy) - Inivitational Research Visit - Collaboration with Professor Antonio Majocchi on the Project ˝Exploring International Corporate Corruption: Expatriate Managerial Approach˝.
12/15-05/17 (Tec de Monterrey, Mexico) training in Challenge Based; Project-Oriented; Problem–Based and Micro Teaching/Learning.
Awards and Accomplishments
Case Study Competition Finalist – Ivey Publishing nominee for the EMFD Management Development Network Case Study Competition 2019 (pending competition results in April 2019).
Best Paper Award (for the paper titled: ¨Linking organizational and individual cultural competence: one-step closer to multicultural organization¨), Tec de Monterrey, 2016.
Best Conference Reviewer Award, Academy of International Business, 2014.
Dean´s Award, University of Split, Faculty of Economics, 2011.
- Institutional analysis (Bachelor’s programme; Saint-Petersburg School of Social Sciences and Area Studies; programme "Sociology and Social Informatics"; 3 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Current Trends in Cultural and Event Tourism Research" (Bachelor’s programme; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; programme "Experience Economy: Hospitality and Tourism Management"; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
Articles and book chapters7
- Article Ljubica J., Shaffer M., Tin S., McKouen K. A Model of the Dark Side of Expatriate-Host Country National Relationships // Journal of Global Mobility. 2019. No. Special Issue (in press)
- Chapter Ljubica J., Eileen D. From mission impossible to mission accomplished! Innovative business models strengthening poor distribution channels, in: Innovative Business Models for the Middle of the Pyramid in Emerging Markets. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2019. doi doi (in press)
- Chapter Ljubica J., Eileen D. Innovation Champions: Fulfilling the Dream of Latin American MoP through Inclusive Business Models, in: Innovative Business Models for the Middle of the Pyramid in Emerging Markets. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2019. doi doi (in press)
- Article Ljubica J., Dulčić Ž., Aust I. Linking individual and organizational cultural competences: One step closer to multicultural organization // Management: Journal of Contemporary Management. 2016. Vol. 21. No. 2. P. 51-82.
- Article Engle R., Schlaegel C., Dimitriadi N., Tatoglu E., Ljubica J. Intent to become an expatriate: a multinational application of Ajzen’s theory of planned behavior and the role of gender // European Journal of International Management. 2015. Vol. 9. No. 1. P. 108-137. doi
- Chapter Ljubica J., Dulčić Ž. Megaships and developing cultural tourism in Dubrovnik, in: Cruise Tourism and Society: A Socio-economic Perspective. Heidelberg : Springer Publishing Company, 2012. doi doi
- Chapter Ljubica J., Petrić L. Potentials of the tourist valorization of intangible cultural heritage in rural areas of Dalmatia, in: Identity of the Croatian Adriatic: Retrospect & Prospect. Split : University of Split - Faculty of Economics, 2012. P. 211-233. doi
Mexican National System of Researchers (Sistema Nacional de Investigadores -SNI) continuous research funding 2017-2019. Total amount granted: 163,000 MXN (10,000 USD/ 8,000 EUR)
07/16-07/18 - Tec de Monterrey (Campus Santa Fe, Mexico City, Mexico), Visiting Professor of International Business (same range of courses as in campus Guadalajara)
10/16-10/17- Universidad de Rosario (Bogota, Colombia); Visiting Professor, Courses (Master Level): International Management, Strategic Scenario Planning.
07/15-07/16 - Tec de Monterrey (Campus Guadalajara, Mexico), Visiting Professor of International Business - Courses (Bachelor & Master level): International Service Management, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Learning & Knowledge Management, Intercultural Communication & Negotiation, Strategic Management, International Management, International Human Resource Management.
02/15-03/15: University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee (USA), Guest Speaker to Prof. Ben Shaffer, Courses (Master level): Strategic Management, Emerging Markets, Cross-Cultural Management
01/13 - 06/15: University of Split, Faculty of Economics (Croatia), Guest Lecturer to Professor Želimir Dulčić - Courses (Bachelor & Master level): Business Ethics, Strategic Management, Project Management, International Management.