- Academic Supervisor:Laboratory of Stochastic Analysis and its Applications
- Stanislav Molchanov has been at HSE University since 2016.
Education and Degrees
Doctor of Sciences*
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in Mathematics
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Student Term / Thesis Papers
G. Gaitsgori, Conditional Expectations and Pouring Water. Faculty of Mathematics, 2020
A. Israfilova, Some Problems from the Bernoulli Symbolic Dynamics. Faculty of Mathematics, 2020
- Article Feng Y., Molchanov S., Yarovaya E. Stability and Instability of Steady states for a Branching Random Walk // Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability. 2020 doi
- Article Chernousova E., Feng Y., Hryniv O., Molchanov S., Whitmeyer J. Steady states of lattice population models with immigration // Mathematical Population Studies. 2020 doi
- Article Balashova D., Molchanov S., Yarovaya E. Structure of the Particle Population for a Branching Random Walk with a Critical Reproduction Law // Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability. 2020 doi
- Article Koralov L., Molchanov S., Vainberg B. The radius of a polymer at a near-critical temperature // Applicable Analysis. 2020 doi
- Article Akanbay N., Molchanov S., Suleimenova Z. Theorem of Furstenberg type for multiplicative stochastic integrals // Random Operators and Stochastic Equations. 2020. Vol. 28. No. 3. P. 163-175. doi
- Article Grabchak M., Molchanov S. Limit theorems for random exponentials: the bounded support case // Theory of Probability and Its Applications. 2019. Vol. 63. No. 4. P. 634-647. doi
- Article Molchanov S., Panov V. Limit theorems for the alloy-type random energy model // Stochastics-An International Journal of Probability and Stochastic Processes. 2019. Vol. 91. No. 5. P. 754-772. doi
- Article Molchanov S., Vainberg B. Population dynamics with moderate tails of the underlying random walk // SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis. 2019. Vol. 51. No. 3. P. 1824-1835. doi
- Article Chernousova E., Molchanov S. Steady state and intermittency in the critical branching random walk with arbitrary total number of offspring // Mathematical Population Studies. 2019. Vol. 26. No. 1. P. 47-63. doi
- Chapter Konakov V., Menozzi S., Molchanov S. The Brownian motion on Aff(R) and quasi-local theorems, in: Contemporary Mathematics Vol. 739: Probabilistic Methods in Geometry, Topology and Spectral Theory. AMS, 2019. doi P. 97-124. doi
- Article Grabchak M., Molchanov S. The alloy model: Phase transitions and diagrams for a random energy model with mixtures // Markov Processes and Related Fields. 2019. Vol. 25. No. 4. P. 591-613. (in press)
- Article Bessonov M., Molchanov S., Whitmeyer J. A multi-class extension of the mean field Bolker – Pacala population Model // Random Operators and Stochastic Equations. 2018. Vol. 201. No. 3. P. 163-174. doi
- Article Molchanov S., Zhang Z., Zheng L. Entropic Moments and Domains of Attraction on Countable Alphabets // Mathematical Methods of Statistics. 2018. Vol. 27. No. 1. P. 60-70. doi
- Article Finkelstein D., Kondratiev Y., Molchanov S., Tkachev P. Global stability in a nonlocal reaction-diffusion equation // Stochastics and Dynamics. 2018. Vol. 18. No. 05. P. 1850037. doi
- Preprint Bendikov A., Grigor'yan A., Molchanov S. On the spectrum of the hierarchical Schroedinger operator / Cornell University. Series arxive "math". 2018. No. 1811.05210.
- Article Molchanov S. "Spectral analysis of non-local Schrodinger operators" // Journal of Functional Analysis. 2017. Vol. 273. P. 1020-1048.
- Chapter Konakov V., Menozzi S., Molchanov S. Approximation of diffusion processes on solvable Lie groups by random walks. Local and quasi-local limit theorems, in: Analytical and computational methods in probability theory and its applications (ACMPT-2017). Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference. M. : RUDN, 2017. P. 202-206.
- Article Molchanov S., Zheng L. Cluster expansion of the resolvent for the Schrödinger operator on non-percolating graphs with applications to Simon-Spencer type theorem and localization // Journal of Spectral Theory. 2017. Vol. 7. No. 3. P. 733-770. doi
- Article Molchanov S., Whitmeyer J. Stationary distribution in Kolmogorov-Petrovski-Piskunov type models with infinite number of particles // Mathematical Population Studies. 2017. Vol. 24. No. 3. P. 147-160. doi
- Preprint Konakov V., Menozzi S., Molchanov S. The Brownian motion on Aff(R) and quasi-local theorems / Cornell University. Series arxive "math". 2017. No. 1709.06411.
- Chapter Molchanov S., Bogachev L., Derfel G. Analysis of the archetypal functional equation in the non-critical case, in: Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications. AIMS, 2016. P. 132-141.
- Article Molchanov S., Agbor A., Vainberg B. Global limit theorems on the convergence of multidimensional random walk to stable processes // Stochastics and Dynamics. 2016. P. 1-14.
- Article Getan A., Molchanov S., Vainberg B. Intermittency for branching walks with heavy tails // Stochastics and Dynamics. 2016 doi (in press)
- Article Molchanov S., Bendikov A., Grigoryan A., Samorodnitsky G. On class of random perturbation of the hierarchical Laplacian // Izvestiya. Mathematics. 2016. P. 859-893.
- Article Kondratiev Y., Molchanov S., Pirogov S., Zhizhina E. On ground state of some non local Schrödinger operators // Applicable Analysis. 2016 doi (in press)
- Chapter Molchanov S., Yarovaya E. The propagating front of the particle population in branching random walk, in: New trends in Stochastic Modeling and Data Analysis. , 2016. P. 1-27.
- Article Molchanov S., Faizullin D., Nesmelova I. Theoretical and Experimental Investigation of the Translational Diffusion of Proteins in the Vicinity of Temperature-Induced Unfolding Transition // Journal of Physical Chemistry B. 2016. Vol. 120. No. 39. P. 10192-10198. doi
- Article Molchanov S., Pastur L., Ray E. Examples of Random Schrödinger-type Operators with Non-Poissonian Spectra // Markov Processes and Related Fields. 2015. Vol. 21. No. 3. P. 713-749.
- Book Zeldovich Y., Molchanov S., Ruzmaikin A., Sokoloff D. Intermittency, Diffusion and Generation in a Non-stationary Random Medium Vol. 15. Part 1. Cambridge : Cambridge Scientific Publishers Ltd, 2015.
- Article Grabchak M., Molchanov S. Limit Theorems and Phase Transitions for Two Models of Summation of Independent Identically Distributed Random Variables with a Parameter // Theory of Probability and Its Applications. 2015. Vol. 59. No. 2. P. 222-243. doi
- Article Molchanov S., Bogachev L., Derfel G. On bounded continuous solutions of the archetypal equation with rescaling // Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. 2015. Vol. 471. P. 1-19.
- Article Molchanov S., Whitmeyer J. On the kernel of the covariance operator for Markov semigroups // Applicable Analysis. 2015
- Article Molchanov S., Chen J., Teplyaev A. Spectral dimension and Bohr’s formula for the Schrödinger operator on unbalanced fractal space // Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical. 2015. Vol. 48. No. 39. P. 1-22.
- Article Konakov V., Menozzi S., Molchanov S. Explicit parametrix and local limit theorems for some degenerate diffusion processes // Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincaré. 2010. Vol. 46. No. 4. P. 908-923.
The Russian Science Foundation has announced the winners of four 2020 competitions. Some of the winners are from HSE University. They have received grants of 12 to 24 million roubles, for a term of two to four years.
The Russian Science Foundation has announced winners of its latest grant competition to support basic scientific research and exploratory scientific research conducted by research teams.