- Assistant Professor:Faculty of Economic Sciences / Department of Applied Economics
- Senior Research Fellow:Faculty of Economic Sciences / Laboratory for Labour Market Studies
- Research Fellow:Center for Institutional Studies / International Research Laboratory for Institutional Analysis of Economic Reforms
- Victor Rudakov has been at HSE University since 2011.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Master's in Applied Economics
HSE University, Economics
Omsk State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
Postdoctoral researcher in Center for Research in Higher Education Policies (CIPES), University of Porto, Portugal (2018 - сurrent)
Internship in The Center for Research in Higher Education Policies (CIPES), Porto, Portugal (2018)
Russian Summer School on Institutional Analysis (2016) (2017)
AERA Institute on Statistical Analysis for Education Policy: Causal Inference (Washington DC, US). Course: Panel Data Analysis in Educational Studies (2014)
Annual meeting (“retreat”) of sister institutes of Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, Stockholm, Sweden (2014)
Course: Measurement of poverty and inequality (M.Lokshin, World Bank) (2012)
Barcelona Graduate Summer School (GSE) on Labor Economics. Course: Labor market outcomes (2011)
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2016-2017)
Dissertation for a degree of Candidate of Science
Articles and Working papers12
- Preprint Rudakov V., Figueiredo H., Teixeira P., Roshchin S. The Impact of Horizontal Job-Education Mismatches on the Earnings of Recent University Graduates in Russia / Institute for the Study of Labor. Series IZA DP "Discussion Paper". 2019. No. 12407.
- Article Rudakov V., Roshchin S. The impact of student academic achievement on graduate salaries: the case of a leading Russian university // Journal of Education and Work. 2019. Vol. 32. No. 2. P. 156-180. doi
- Preprint Prakhov I., Rudakov V. The Determinants of Faculty Pay in Russian Universities: Incentive Contracts / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series EDU "Education". 2018. No. 47/EDU/2018.
- Article Рощина Я. М., Рощин С. Ю., Рудаков В. Н. Спрос на массовые открытые онлайн-курсы (МООК) : опыт российского образования // Вопросы образования. 2018. № 1. С. 174-199. doi
- Article Рудаков В. Н., Чириков И. С., Рощин С. Ю., Дрожжина Д. С. Учись, студент? Влияние успеваемости в вузе на стартовую заработную плату выпускников // Вопросы экономики. 2017. № 3. С. 77-102.
- Article Рощин С. Ю., Рудаков В. Н. Влияние "качества" вуза на заработную плату выпускников // Вопросы экономики. 2016. № 8. С. 74-95.
- Article Roshchin S., Rudakov V. Do Graduates Wages Measure the Quality of Education?A Review of Existing Studies // Educational studies. 2015. No. 1. P. 137-181.
- Preprint Roshchin S., Victor Rudakov. Russian University Students And The Combination Of Study And Work: Is It All About Earning, Learning Or Job Market Signaling? / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series EDU "Education". 2015. No. 24.
- Article Рудаков В. Н. Динамика заработной платы молодёжи на российском рынке труда // Вопросы статистики. 2015. № 11. С. 43-57.
- Article Рощин С. Ю., Рудаков В. Н. Совмещение учёбы и работы студентами российских вузов // Вопросы образования. 2014. № 2. С. 152-179. doi
- Article Rudakov V. Gender wage gap in the Russian academia // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2017. No. 14 (4). P. 10-12.
- Book Войнилов Ю. Л., Фурсов К. С., Добрякова М. С., Новикова Е. Г., Бондаренко Н. В., Рощина Я. М., Рудаков В. Н., Травкин П. В., Шугаль Н. Б., Шматко Н. А., Волкова Г. Л. Российская молодёжь:образование и наука / Науч. ред.: Л. М. Гохберг, Я. И. Кузьминов. М. : Институт статистических исследований и экономики знаний НИУ ВШЭ, 2017.
Education and Development (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; field of study "41.04.04. Политология", field of study "38.04.04. Государственное и муниципальное управление"; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Research Seminar "Economic Thinking" (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; 1 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
Social Policy: Foundations and Implementation (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; field of study "41.04.04. Политология", field of study "38.04.04. Государственное и муниципальное управление"; 1 year, 3, 4 module)Eng
- Analysis of the Markets and Competitiveness (Minor; Faculty of Economic Sciences; 1, 2 module)Rus
- Practicum on Empirical Methods of Economic Analysis (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of Economic Sciences; 3 year, 4 module)Rus
More than 160 proposal were submitted to the conference and only 64 papers were accepted among which there are 3 presentations by CInSt researchers.
We invite everyone to join the sessions which are run by CInSt researchers and listen to the CInSt presentations.
We can hardly believe it, but the 2019 session of RSSIA has already come to an end! We received more than 100 applications, but only 24 of the strongest research proposals were accepted. Participants came from a wide range of countries: China, Belgium, Germany, India, Iran, Italy, Philippines, and Russia.
Discussion paper "The Impact of Horizontal Job-Education Mismatches on the Earnings of Recent University Graduates in Russia" is available online.
For the last month, Victor Rudakov, Research fellow of Centre for Institutional Studies and Laboratory for Labour Market Studies, worked as a visiting researcher in the Center for Research in Higher Education Policies, Porto, Portugal.
Article "The impact of student academic achievement on graduate salaries: the case of a leading Russian university" by Victor Rudakov and Sergey Roshchin was published in Journal of Education and Work
Sticky Floor, Glass Ceiling and Other Problems
Working paper "Gender Wage Inequality In Russian Universities" is available online.
On the August 31st of 2018, Victor Rudakov took part in the Consortium of Higher Education Researchers (CHER) 31st Annual Conference, which was held in Moscow, with two reports.
LLMS employees took part in XIX April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development, which took place in HSE on April 10-13, 2018.
Victor Rudakov presented a report on the 30th Annual Consortium of Higher Education Researchers (CHER) conference, which took place on August 28-30, 2017 in the University of Jyvaskyla (Finland).
Evgenia Polyakova and Victor Rudakov presented reports in the Second World Congress of Comparative Economics, which took place on June 15-17, 2017 in the Saint Petersburg in HSE.
is the minimum share of Russian workers who have ‘excessive’ education for their jobs.
of upper-class students at Russian universities have experience combining employment and studies.