Ora John Edward Reuter
- Senior Research Fellow:Institute for Industrial and Market Studies / International Center for the Study of Institutions and Development
- Senior Research Fellow:Centre for Fundamental Studies / Laboratory for Regional Political Studies
- Ora John Edward Reuter has been at HSE University since 2011.
- Article Reuter O. J., Armstrong D., Robertson G. B. Getting the opposition together: protest coordination in authoritarian regimes // Post-Soviet Affairs. 2020. Vol. 36. No. 1. P. 1-19. doi
- Article Frye T. M., Reuter O. J., Szakonyi D. S. Vote Brokers, Clientelist Appeals, and Voter Turnout: Evidence from Russia and Venezuela // World Politics. 2020. Vol. 71. No. 4. P. 710-746. (in press)
- Article Reuter O. J., Szakonyi D. S. Elite Defection under Autocracy: Evidence from Russia // American Political Science Review. 2019. Vol. 113. No. 2. P. 552-568. doi
- Article Frye T. M., Reuter O. J., Szakonyi D. S. Hitting Them With Carrots: Voter Intimidation and Vote Buying in Russia // British Journal of Political Science. 2019. Vol. 49. No. 3. P. 857-881. doi
- Article Buckley N., Reuter O. J. Performance Incentives under Autocracy: Evidence from Russia’s Regions // Comparative Politics. 2019. Vol. 51. No. 2. P. 239-266. doi
- Article Reuter O. J., Beazer Q. Who's to Blame? Political Centralization and Electoral Punishment under Authoritarianism // Journal of Politics. 2019. Vol. 81. No. 2. P. 648-662. doi
- Book Reuter O. J. The Origins of Dominant Parties: Building Authoritarian Institutions in Post-Soviet Russia. Cambridge University Press, 2017. doi
- Article Reuter O. J., Buckley Noah, Shubenkova A. Y., Garifullina G. Local Elections in Authoritarian Regimes: An Elite-Based Theory With Evidence From Russian Mayoral Elections // Comparative Political Studies. 2016. Vol. 49. No. 5. P. 662-697. doi
- Chapter Reuter O. J., Buckley N., Shubenkova A. Y., Garifullina G. Local Elections in Authoritarian Regimes: An Elite-Based Theory with Evidence from Russian Mayoral Elections, in: XVI Апрельская международная научная конференция по проблемам развития экономики и общества: в 4 кн. / Отв. ред.: Е. Г. Ясин. Кн. 3. М. : Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2016. P. 141-150.
- Article Reuter O. J., Robertson G. Legislatures, Cooptation and Protest in Contemporary Authoritarian Regimes // Journal of Politics. 2015. Vol. 77. No. 1. P. 235-248.
- Article Szakonyi D. S., Reuter O. J. Online Social Media and Political Awareness in Competitive Authoritarian Regimes // British Journal of Political Science. 2015. Vol. 45. No. 1. P. 29-51. doi
- Article Reuter O. J., Turovsky R. F. Dominant Party Rule and Legislative Leadership in Authoritarian Regimes // Party Politics. 2014. No. 20. P. 663-674. doi
- Article Noah Buckley, Ora John Reuter, Alexandra Shubenkova, Garifullina G. Elections, Appointments, and Human Capital: The Case of Russian Mayors // Demokratizatsiya: The Journal of Post-Soviet Democratization. 2014. Vol. 22. No. 1. P. 87-116.
- Article Frye T. M., Reuter O. J., Szakonyi D. S. Political Machines at Work: Voter Mobilization and Electoral Subversion in the Workplace // World Politics. 2014. Vol. 66. No. 2. P. 195-228. doi
- Article Noah Buckley, Frye T. M., Garifullina G., Reuter O. J. The Political Economy of Russian Gubernatorial Election and Appointment // Europe-Asia Studies. 2014. Vol. 66. No. 8. P. 1213-1233. doi
- Article Reuter O. J. Regional Patrons and Hegemonic Party Performance in Russia // Post-Soviet Affairs. 2013. Vol. 29. No. 2. P. 101-135.
- Preprint Бакли Ной, Гарифуллина Г. А., Рейтер О. Дж., Фрай Т. М. Политэкономия выборов и назначений губернаторов в России / НИУ ВШЭ. Серия WP1 "Институциональные проблемы российской экономики". 2013.
- Preprint Szakonyi D., Reuter O. J. Online Social Media and Political Awareness in Autoritarian Regimes / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series PS "Political Science". 2012. No. 10.
- Preprint Frye T., Reuter O. J., Szakonyi D. Political Machines at Work: Voter Mobilization and Electoral Subversion in the Workplace / Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ. Series PS "Political Science". 2012. No. 08.
- Article Reuter O. J. Subnational Appointments in Authoritarian Regimes: Evidence from Russian Gubernatorial Appointments // Journal of Politics. 2012. No. 74(2). P. 1023-1037. doi
ASEEES (Association for Slavic, East European, & Eurasian Studies) Virtual Convention was held online on November 5-8 and November 14-15. This year the main theme of the conference was “Anxiety and Rebellion”, six ISCID team members took part in the event.
At the 2019 Golden HSE Award Ceremony, which coincided with HSE’s 27th anniversary, Aigul Mavletova, an HSE alumna and Associate Professor of the Faculty of Social Sciences, was awarded the Golden Citation Award. HSE News Service spoke with the recipient of the ‘award within an award’ about why research is more interesting than business.
On November 27, "Golden Citation" ceremony was held in the HSE University in order to award the most cited HSE scholars. Ora John Edward Reuter, senior research fellow of ICSID, became one of the nominee of this award