- Associate Professor:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management / Department of Management
- Irina Sizova has been at HSE University since 2019.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
National Research Tomsk State University
Degree in History
Tomsk State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Creative technologies in the field of culture and art (Minor; St.Petersburg School of Economics and Management; 1, 2 module)Eng
- Information technologies in museums: history, trends, practices (Mago-Lego; 3, 4 module)Rus
- Museum management: existing practices and future trends (Mago-Lego; 3 module)Rus
- Preprint Sizova I. GLOBAL MODERNIZATION AND GENERATIONAL EVOLUTION OF INTERACTING WITH MUSEUM VISITORS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE 20TH CENTURY / Basic Research Programme. Series HUM "Humanities". 2020.
- Chapter Gordin V. E., Sizova I., Kudelkina A., Dementieva Y. The museum on the path from the “third” to the “fourth place”, in: The Museum as the Third Place. Proceedings of the International Conference as part of the Museum 15/24 project / Пер. с рус. St. Petersburg: The Hermitage Museum XXI century Foundation, 2020. P. 140-144.
- Chapter Sizova I., Ulyanova O. S. MOOCS AND MUSEUMS STUDIES EDUCATION: OPPORTUNITIES AND PROSPECTS IN THE DIGITAL ERA, in: 10th International Technology, Education and Development Conference, INTED2016 Proceedings. Valencia : IATED Academy, 2016. doi P. 7791-7798. doi
- 2021Круглый стол Государственного Эрмитажа "Музей и проблемы культурного туризма" (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Развитие процесса цифровизации деятельности российских музеев (на основе материалов опроса членов Союза музеев России)
- Youth as a driver of museum development (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: LEGO-сourse «Youth and Museums»
- Музей как третье место (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Музей на пути от "третьего" к "четвертому месту"
- Неформальный подход 4.0 (Москва). Presentation: Образовательные онлайн-продукты: в музее, для музея, вместе с музеем
- Музейный PR (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Образовательные онлайн-продукты как инструмент PR музея
- Цифровое развитие московских музеев (Москва). Presentation: Образовательные онлайн-проекты музеев
- Analytics for Management and Economics Conference (AMEC) (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Transformation of Educational Museum Activities in the Conditions of Development of Online Technologies
- Семинар "Посетитель и посещаемость. Организационные, правовые и экономические аспекты" (Санкт-Петербург). Presentation: Меры по регулированию избыточных потоков посетителей в музеях: российский и зарубежный опыт
A study of the digitalisation process of Russian museums has been conducted by the Laboratory for Management in Culture and Tourism at the HSE – St. Petersburg, with the support of the Russian Committee of the International Union of Museums (ICOM Russia). The results of the study provide information on factors that contribute to failure or success in the museum digitalisation efforts and reveal its prospects, raise questions on tools that could be applied for attracting more visitors, as well as touch on possibilities for monetising museum online product range.
On April 27, Irina Alekseevna Sizova, a researcher at the Laboratory, became a guest expert in the Kartaev and Makharadze's show on radio Mayak.
On April 1, a researcher of the Laboratory, Irina Alekseevna Sizova delivered a report “Development of the digitalization process in the activities of Russian museums (based on the materials from a survey of members of the Union of Russian Museums)” within the framework of the 19th Round Table of the State Hermitage Museum “The Museum and Problems of Cultural Tourism”.
Laboratory researchers took part in an international conference «Analytics for Management and Economics Conference»
In the period from December 2 to December 9, 2020, Sizova, I.A., Polomarchuk, A.K. and Bezhko, D.S., researchers of the Laboratory, took an active part in the conference, presenting the results of research in the field of organizing museum activities and branding of territories.
On October 23, Irina Alekseevna Sizova, a researcher of the Laboratory, made a presentation at the online conference "INFORMAL APPROACH 4.0", organized by MOSGORTUR.
International Scientific and Practical Conference "Museum in the context of Education: Results and New vectors of development"
Valery Ernstovich Gordin, head of the Laboratory, and Irina Sizova, a researcher at the Laboratory, made a presentation at the International Scientific and Practical Conference "Museum in the context of education: results and new vectors of development", which was held on October 12-13 in a remote format.
How the pandemic has affected their online activity
Tutors and lecturers of the master's program “Cultural and event tourism management” V.E. Gordin, Ya.V. Shokola, I.A. Sizova and A.N. Kudelkina, a first-year student of the program, gave a presentation at the State Hermitage at the seminar “Visitor and Attendance. Organizational, legal and economic aspects”. Their presentation was the result of the research conducted over the past year.