Nadezhda A. Urusova
- Tutor, Visiting Lecturer:HSE Campus in St. Petersburg / School of Arts and Humanities / Department of Foreign Languages
- Nadezhda A. Urusova has been at HSE University since 2019.
Degree in Philology
Samara State Teacher Training University, Foreign Languages Department
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
2020: Modern Approaches to Teaching Foreing Languages (blended learning, projects in education, peer-reviewing, soft skills development, listening decoding, lexical approach), 23 September - 21 October 2020, HSE-Saint Petersburg.
2019: Situating the 'Global' in Contemporary Humanities", 17-19 October 2019, HSE-Saint Petersburg.
- English for General Communication Purposes. Upper-Intermediate Course - 1 (Optional course; 1, 2 module)Rus
- English for General Communication Purposes. Upper-Intermediate Course - 2 (Optional course; 3, 4 module)Rus
- Article Урусова Н. А., Чемодурова З. М. Лингвокультурологические особенности романа Дж. Барнса «Шум времени» // Исследования языка и современное гуманитарное знание, Россия. 2020. Т. 2. № 2. С. 81-92. doi
- Chapter Урусова Н. А. Механизмы выдвижения образа Петербурга в постмодернистском биографическом романе Дж. Кутзее // В кн.: Герценовские чтения 2020. Иностранные языки. СПб. : РГПУ им. А.И. Герцена, 2020. С. 347-350.
April, 2007 - 2018 English Teacher, private linguistic school «EnglishBoom»
- Work with kids and teens, giving private lessons, courses and workshops both of General and Academic English
- Deliver foreign language training, using provided assessment plans, instructor guides and student material
- Tailor approaches in accordance with student learning styles and strategies
- Develop and deliver courses in English for Professional Purposes for executives and employees of Russian branches of some international companies (Henkel, Eisenmann, Comau, Sealed-Air)
- Develop the School on Methodology: design and deliver training sessions and workshops for teachers, lead the group of teachers developing academic programs in English, German and French, get the programs ready for licensing, take part in developing e-testing system.
June 2002 – July 2007 Interpreter, OAO “AVTOVAZ”
- Worked with foreign delegations, interpreting and assisting during meetings and negotiations on sales and terms of delivery, drew up minutes and reports after negotiations
- Dealt with business correspondence, technical specifications and banking documentation
- Translated agreements and contracts.
September 2001 – April 2006 Academic Programs Coordinator, English Teacher, private linguistic school «Windsor» (part-time)
- Supervised the group of teachers
- Designed and delivered training sessions and workshops for teachers
- Responsible for groups of intermediate, upper-intermediate and advanced levels, getting students ready for taking English exams (IELTS, TOEFL, Russian State Exams).
September 1999 – June 2002 Teacher of English and French,
Togliatti Academy of Management
- Designed new courses on Business English for intermediate, upper-intermediate and advanced levels, a course of Business Communication in English