- Research Fellow:Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge / International Research and Educational Foresight Centre / Laboratory for Science and Technology Studies
- Sabyasachi Tripathi has been at HSE University since 2019.
2009: Ph.D. Foundation Course, Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC) with First Rank in Economics
PhD theses: “Urban agglomeration and Urban Economic Growth in India: An Empirical Study”
Research Supervision (M. Phil Thesis)
Chetna Rani. Agriculture and urbanization in India: An empirical assessment, Lovely Professional University, 2017.
Hardeep Kaur. Migration and urbanization in India: An empirical study, Lovely Professional University, 2017.
Research Supervision (M.Sc. Dissertation)
Kavita Mahey, Urban agglomeration and economic growth in Punjab (India): An empirical study, Lovely Professional University, 2016.
Indranil Deb, Career choice of undergraduate students: An empirical study, Adamas University, 2018.
Research Supervision (B.A.)
Sanjana Chakraborty , Urbanization and economic development – A cross country study, Adamas University, 2019
- Article Tripathi S. Does higher level of education reduce poverty and increase inequality? Evidence from Urban India // International Journal of Business and Globalisation. 2019. Vol. 22. No. 3. P. 419-431. doi
- Article Tripathi S., Rani C. The impact of agricultural activities on urbanization: evidence and implications for India // International Journal of Urban Sciences. 2018. Vol. 22. No. 1. P. 123-144. doi
- Article Tripathi S., Mahey K. Urbanization and economic growth in Punjab (India): an empirical analysis // Urban Research and Practice. 2017. Vol. 10. No. 4. P. 379-402. doi
Do Economic Reforms Promote Urbanization in India? Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science (forthcoming), Springer. DOI: 10.1007/s41685-019-00117-8
Effect of Disasters and Climate Change on Poverty and Inequality in India, Aarthica Charche-FPI Journal of Economics and Governance, 4: 1 (2019), 35-47, (FPI, Bangalore).
Does Higher level of Education Reduce Poverty and Increase Inequality? Evidence from Urban India, International Journal of Business and Globalisation (in press), Inderscience
Estimating Regional Trading Bloc Effect in India”, (with Nuno Carlos Leitão) International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research 1:7 (2013), 83-89, The Economics and Social Development Organization
Articles in Edited Volumes
Distribution of Urban Economic Growth in Post-Reform India: An Empirical Assessment (2018), Chapter 11, Edited Volume; „Internal Migration, Urbanisation and Poverty in Asia: Dynamics and
Work in Progress
Projects and Empirical Research
Participation in research events
12th World Congress of the Regional Science Association International (RSAI) on “Spatial Systems: Social Integration, Regional Development and Sustainability", Goa, India, May 29 - June 01, 2018.
Editorial Board and Referee for
- Growth and Change (Blackwell Publishing Inc.)
- Journal of Urban Planning and Development (American Society of Civil Engineers)
- PLOS One (Public Library of Science)
- World Development (Elsevier)
- Journal of International Development (John Wiley & Sons)
- Journal of Labor and Society (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Urban, Planning and Transport Research (Taylor & Francis)
- Urban Research and Practice (Taylor & Francis)
- China Economic Review (Elsevier)
- Review of Urban and Regional Development Studies (Wiley Blackwell)
- Journal of Economic Integration (Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University)
- Area Development and Policy (Taylor & Francis)
- Territorial Bitácora Journal (National University of Colombia)
- International Journal of Business and Economics (IJBE) (Bangka Belitung University)
- Urban Planning (Cogitatio Press)
- Management Research and Practice (Academy of Economic Studies).
- Journal of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (Premier Publishers).
- Editorial advisory board for International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research.
- Editorial board member for Journal of Environmental Science & Water Resources.
Financial support from Dynamics of Institutions and Markets in Europe (DIME) Network of excellence, Sir Ratan Tata Trust (SRTT), Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID), Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
Proficiency Award from Department of Economics, Kharagpur College, Kharagpur, India