Adam James Gemar
- Adam James Gemar has been at HSE University since 2019.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
2016 - Master of Science (MSc) - London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
M. Gromov, Communication Aspect of Attitude Formation towards Occupational Prestige of Vocational Education in Russia. Faculty of Communications, Media, and Design, 2021
- Article Lindsey I., Metcalfe S., Gemar A. J., Alderman J., Armstrong J. Simplistic policy, skewed consequences: Taking stock of English physical education, school sport and physical activity policy since 2013 // European Physical Education Review. 2021. Vol. 27. No. 2. P. 278-296. doi
- Article Gemar A. J. Social capital networks in sports spectatorship and participation // International Review for the Sociology of Sport. 2021. Vol. 56. No. 4. P. 514-536. doi
- Article Gemar A. J. Cultural capital and emerging culture: The case of meditation, yoga, and vegetarianism in the UK // Leisure/ Loisir. 2020. Vol. 44. No. 1. P. 1-26. doi
- Article Gemar A. J. Social capital networks in sports spectatorship and participation // International Review for the Sociology of Sport. 2020. P. 1-23. doi
- Article Gemar A. J. Sport as culture: Social class, styles of cultural consumption and sports participation in Canada // International Review for the Sociology of Sport. 2020. Vol. 55. No. 2. P. 186-208. doi
- Article Gemar A. J. Sport in broader leisure lifestyles: An analysis of the professional sport consumer’s cultural engagement // International Review for the Sociology of Sport. 2020. Vol. 55. No. 3. P. 291-309. doi
- Article Gemar A. J. The social patterning of sport: dispositions in regular sports participation and stratification in Canada // World Leisure Journal. 2020. P. 1-21. doi
- Article Gemar A. J. The stratification of professional sports following: social position and the consumption of major professional sports leagues in Canada // Leisure Studies. 2019. Vol. 38. No. 6. P. 775-789. doi
- Article Gemar A. J. Which sports do you like? Testing intra-domain omnivorousness in Canadian following of professional sport // International Review for the Sociology of Sport. 2019. Vol. 54. No. 7. P. 813-836. doi
The first issue of 2021 presents interviews with former and current participants of HSE international postdoc programme, and introduces new postdocs.
HSE University postdocs share their thoughts on transitioning from PhD studies, as well as individual and collaborative projects they are currently engaged in. The participants include Adam Gemar and Daria Khlevnyuk (PhDs in Sociology), Nikita Lychakov (PhD in Finance), and Amanda Zadorian (PhD in Politics). We also talked to Ekaterina Paustyan, a postdoc at the University of Bremen and an excellent example of the connecting power of HSE University’s research centres.