- Member of the Committee:International Advisory Committee
- Preprint Treisman D. Алкоголь и преждевременная смертность в России. Политическая экономия самоубийственного пьянства / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP3 "Проблемы рынка труда". 2008. No. 02.
- Preprint Treisman D. Выборы в России: 1991–2008 / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP7 "Математические методы анализа решений в экономике, бизнесе и политике". 2007. No. 06.
- Preprint Hongbin C., Treisman D. Политическая децентрализация и политические эксперименты / NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP BRP 55/LNG/2017 2007. No. 05.
- Article Gimpelson V. E., Treisman D. FISCAL GAMES AND PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT: A THEORY WITH EVIDENCE FROM RUSSIA // World Politics. 2002. No. 54. P. 145-183.
- Article Gimpelson V. E., Treisman D. POLITICAL BUSINESS CYCLES AND RUSSIAN ELECTIONS, OR THE MANIPULATIONS OF “CHUDAR” // British Journal of Political Science. 2001. No. 31. P. 225-246.
Daniel Treisman is Professor of Political Science at the University of California, Los Angeles.
He received his Ph.D. in Government from Harvard University in 1995. His work focuses on the politics and political economy of Russia, and on comparative political economy (in particular, the determinants of good government and the politics of macroeconomic policy).
His latest book is The Return: Russia’s Journey from Gorbachev to Medvedev, The Free Press, 2011.
(Source: University of California, Los Angeles)
Last week HSE International Advisory Committee held its annual meeting in Moscow. Eric Maskin, Nobel laureate in Economics, 2007, Chairman of the Committee and members of the IAC have talked to HSE News Service about the results of the meeting.
At the beginning of September, the American Political Science Associate (APSA) awards ceremony took place in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. At the ceremony, two awards were given to the work Misperceiving Inequality* by Vladimir Gimpelson and Daniel Treisman for the best research project presented at the 2015 APSA congress. The comparative public policy section gave one award, while the comparative political research section gave out the other.
'Normal Is Not Ridiculous': Most Interesting Reports Presented at the HSE's XVII April International Academic Conference
A total of 900 papers were presented at the HSE's XVII April Conference in Moscow. We consider the following selection to be must-reads.
At Columbia University in New York, a seminar on ‘The Political Economy of Russia’ was held jointly by the International Centre for the Study of Institutions and Development at the Higher School of Economics and the Harriman Institute at Columbia University.
On June 26, 2013, a conference ‘Studying Institutions and Development in Russia: New Data and New Approaches’ began at the HSE. Andrey Yakovlev, Director of the HSE Institute for Industrial and Market Studies, told us about the aims and purpose of the conference.
On May 30th the third annual meeting of the Higher School of Economics International Advisory Committee (IAC) opened at the HSE.