Francisco J. Cabrera-Hernandez
- Affiliated Researcher:Center for Institutional Studies / International Laboratory for Institutional Analysis of Economic Reforms
- Francisco J. Cabrera-Hernandez has been at HSE University since 2019.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Economics
University of Sussex
Thesis Title: Essays on the Impact Evaluation of Educational Policies in Mexico
Master's in Economics
University of Sussex, Economics
- Article Cabrera-Hernandez F. J., Orraca-Romano P. P. Inequality in the Household: How Parental Income Matters for the Long-Term Treatment of Healthy and Unhealthy Siblings // Journal of Family and Economic Issues. 2022 doi
- Article Cabrera-Hernandez F. J. Leave them kids alone! The effects of abolishing grade repetition: evidence from a nationwide reform // Education Economics. 2021 doi
- Article Cabrera-Hernandez F. J. Does Lengthening the School Day Increases School Value-Added? Evidence from a Mid-Income Country // Journal of Development Studies. 2019. Vol. 56. No. 2. P. 314-335. doi (in press)
Assistant Professor University of Monterrey, UDEM Business School, Department of Economics, Mexico.
2020/08 – to date
Research / Associate Fellow Center for Institutional Studies - Higher School of Economics, Russian Federation.
2019/11 – 2020 Research Fellow and Seminar tutor of Econometrics.
Francisco Cabrera presented a joined paper on the regular online CInSt research seminar on 16th April. This study analyses the effect of childcare provision on the labor supply of grandmothers with school-age grandchildren in the context of Mexico’s Full-Time Schools Program. The authors document how the availability of all-day schools in a municipality affects grandmothers’ decision to participate in the labor market both at the extensive and intensive margins.
We invite everyone to join our prolific seminars for discussions and new ideas. The seminars are held on each Thurday in K416, 11 Pokrovsky Boulevard.
"Only a handful of universities in the world could match the amount of resources invested by HSE in economics research". Francisco Cabrera joined the Center for Institutional Studies last year as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Education and shares his inerasible impressions of HSE and Moscow
Francisco Cabrera presented his research "Leave them kids alone! The positive effect of abolishing grade retention on dropout rates" on CInSt research seminar on December 12th.