- Academic Supervisor:HSE Campus in Nizhny Novgorod / Faculty of Informatics, Mathematics, and Computer Science (HSE Nizhny Novgorod) / International Laboratory of Dynamical Systems and Applications
- Dmitry Turaev has been at HSE University since 2020.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod
Degree in Applied Mathematics
Lobachevskiy Gorky State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Article Turaev D. A criterion for mixed dynamics in two-dimensional reversible maps // Chaos. 2021. Vol. 31. Article 043133. doi
- Article Asaoka M., Shinohara K., Turaev D. Fast growth of the number of periodic points arising from heterodimensional connections // Compositio Mathematica. 2021. Vol. 157. P. 1899-1963.
- Article Gonchenko S., Kazakov A., Turaev D. Wild pseudohyperbolic attractor in a four-dimensional Lorenz system // Nonlinearity. 2021. Vol. 34. P. 2018-2047.
- Article Duca A., Joly R., Turaev D. Permuting quantum eigenmodes by a quasi-adiabatic motion of a potential wall // Journal of Mathematical Physics. 2020. No. 61. P. 101511. doi
- Article Li D., Turaev D. Persistent heterodimensional cycles in periodic perturbations of Lorenz-like attractors // Nonlinearity. 2020. Vol. 33. P. 971-1015. doi
- Article Neishtadt A., Artemyev A., Turaev D. Remarkable charged particle dynamics near magnetic field null lines // Chaos. 2019. Vol. 29. P. 051104. doi
- Article Capinski M., Turaev D., Zgliczynski P. Computer assisted proof of the existence of the Lorenz attractor in the Shimizu–Morioka system // Nonlinearity. 2018. Vol. 31. P. 5410-5440. doi
- Article Dettmann C., Fain V., Turaev D. Splitting of separatrices, scattering maps, and energy growth for a billiard inside a time-dependent symmetric domain close to an ellipse // Nonlinearity. 2018. Vol. 31. P. 667-700. doi
The mega-grant awarded by the Russian government to the International Laboratory of Dynamical Systems and Applications at HSE University’s Nizhny Novgorod campus has been extended to 2022–2023. The Academic Supervisor of the laboratory is Dmitry Turaev, a leading specialist in the field of dynamical systems and Professor at Imperial College London. Professor Turaev spoke to the HSE News Service about the results achieved by the laboratory so far and its plans for the next two years.
From April 5 to 9, the international conference "One-Parameter Semigroups of Operators" was held in an online format.