- Leading Research Fellow:Institute for Agrarian Studies / Agrarian Policy Department
- Sofia Davidova has been at HSE University since 2020.
Education and Degrees
PhD in Higher Institute of Economics, Sofia, Bulgaria, International Economics; trade analysis
Thesis Title: ‘Implications of Multinational Corporations Activities for East-West Trade’
Degree in Economics
Karl Marx Institute of Economics
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
November 1982 - March1983 - Post-Doctoral training: Analysis of the food chain in France and other EU Member States, INRA – Montpellier, Dijon, Paris-Grignon
- Article Kostov P., Davidova S., Bailey A., Gjokaj E., Halimi K. Can Direct Payments Facilitate Agricultural Commercialisation: Evidence from a Transition Country // Journal of Agricultural Economics. 2020 doi
- Article Davidova S., Sauer J., Gorton M. What drives rural out-migration? Insights from Kosovo // Post-Communist Economies. 2019. Vol. 31. P. 200-217. doi
- Article Davidova S., Kostov P., Bailey A. Effect of family labour on output of farms in selected EU Member States: A non-parametric quantile regression approach // European Review of Agricultural Economics. 2018. Vol. 45. No. 3. P. 367-395. doi
- Article Rizov M., Davidova S., Bailey A. Employment effects of CAP payments in the UK non-farm economy // European Review of Agricultural Economics. 2018. Vol. 45. P. 723-748. doi
- Article N G., Godinho S., Pinto-Correia T., Almeida M., Bartolini F., Bezák P., Davidova S., etc .. Typology and distribution of small farms in Europe: Towards a better picture // Land Use Policy. 2018. Vol. 75. P. 784-798. doi
2010, Professor of European Agricultural Policy, University of London, Wye Ashford, Kent
2006-2010, Reader in European Agricultural Policy, University of London, Wye Ashford, Kent
2006-present, Director of the Centre for European Agri-environmental Studies (CEAS), University of London, Wye Ashford, Kent
2004-2005, Reader in European Agricultural Policy;
2000-2003, Senior Lecturer, Centre for Environmental Policy, Imperial College, South Kensington, London.
Lecturer, Wye College, University of London, Wye Ashford, Kent
Senior expert (long-term consultant), EU Phare project implemented at the Ministry of Agriculture, Bulgaria, Wye College, University of London, Wye Ashford, Kent
Visiting fellow, Centre for European Agricultural Studies, Wye College, University of London, Wye Ashford, Kent.
Senior researcher; Head of Department ‘Foreign Agriculture’, Research Institute of Agricultural Economics, Bulgaria
Researcher, Laboratory ‘Food Chain Analysis’, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria