David Scott Szakonyi
- Research Fellow:Institute for Industrial and Market Studies / International Center for the Study of Institutions and Development
- David Scott Szakonyi has been at HSE since 2011.
Doctoral programme in Comparative Politics
Columbia University, Political Science
University of Virginia, Political and Social Thought
- Article Szakonyi D. S. Businesspeople in Elected Office: Identifying Private Benefits from Firm-Level Returns // American Political Science Review. 2018. Vol. 112. No. 2. P. 322-338. doi
- Book Szakonyi D. S. Governing Business: The State and Business in Russia. Philadelphia : Foreign Policy Research Institute, 2018.
- Article Frye T. M., Reuter O. J., Szakonyi D. S. Hitting Them With Carrots: Voter Intimidation and Vote Buying in Russia // British Journal of Political Science. 2018. P. 1-25. doi
- Preprint Best M. C., Hjort J., Szakonyi D. S. Individuals and Organizations as Sources of State Effectiveness, and Consequences for Policy / National Bureau of Economic Research. Series NBER Working Paper 2017. doi
- Article Szakonyi D. S., Reuter O. J. Online Social Media and Political Awareness in Competitive Authoritarian Regimes // British Journal of Political Science. 2015. Vol. 45. No. 1. P. 29-51. doi
- Article Frye T. M., Reuter O. J., Szakonyi D. S. Political Machines at Work: Voter Mobilization and Electoral Subversion in the Workplace // World Politics. 2014. Vol. 66. No. 2. P. 195-228. doi
2016 - present - Assistant Professor of Political Science, George Washington University, Washington, DC
2011 - present - Research Fellow, International Center for the Study of Institutions and Development (ICSID) Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia