- Member of the HSE Academic Council
- Sergey Yakovlev has been at HSE University since 2001.
Education, Degrees and Academic Titles
- 1985Associate Professor
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Degree in Political Economy
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
- Economic development
- Development of higher education in Russia and other countries
- International competitiveness of Russian higher education and its integration in the international community
Student Term / Thesis Papers
O. Vershinina «International Academic Partnerships as a Tool for University’s Development». Institute of Education, 2019
S. Iakovleva «The Development of International Students Recruiting Program for ICEF, HSE». Institute of Education, 2017
E. Karkavtseva «Development of the System of State Support of Foreign Students in the Higher Education System of the Russian Federation». Institute of Education, 2016
- 2014Global Institutions Symposium (Лондон). Presentation: «Building the links with business to increase ICEF-HSE students’ employability»
- Joint Education Programmes between European and Russian Universities. Innovations and transformation in International Education (Москва). Presentation: «Quality assurance (QA) in joint programmes as a way to international recognition»
- 2012III Международная конференция Российской ассоциации исследователей высшего образования «Рождение и возрождение университетов» (Москва). Presentation: Кейс создания и развития МИЭФ НИУ ВШЭ: опыт и уроки
- 2005VI Международная научная конференция «Модернизация экономики и выращивание институтов» (Москва). Presentation: Совместные программы российских вузов с зарубежными как средство интеграции в международное образовательное сообщество
More than 30 publications in Russia, including:
- "На пути к международному признанию: кейс МИЭФ", "Университетское управление", № 2, Июнь 2016
- Учителя // В кн.: Поколения ВШЭ. Учителя об учителях. М.: Издательский дом НИУ ВШЭ, 2013. С. 240-242.
- "Factors and Models of Academic Success of Double Degree Programme in Economics". pp 1386-1395. Book of Proceedings of the 2nd International Scientific Conference, Paris, France, 5th April 2013 (with Oleg Zamkov).
- "Прямые инвестиции" № 5 , 2007, "Мировой институт".
- Университетские инновации. Опыт Высшей школы экономики", Издательский дом ГУ ВШЭ, Москва, 2007, Глава "Международный институт экономики и финансов (МИЭФ) как модель программы двух дипломов",1 п.л.
- РБК daily, "Университеты должны становиться предпринимателями", 25.05.07, 1,5 п.л.
- "The drive to study is a sign of the times", "The Daily Telegraph", 26.04.2007.
- Модернизация экономики и выращивание институтов", "Совместные образовательные программы как инструмент интеграции российских университетов в международное образовательное пространство", изд. ГУ ВШЭ, 2005, 1 п.л.
- "Интеграция высшего образования в Европе: Болонский процесс и его значение для России", "РЕСЕП", 2005г., 1 п.л.
- "Мягкий путь вхождения российских вузов в Болонский процесс", 2005г., Москва, ОЛМА Пресс, 15 п.л., один из редакторов и авторов (2,5 п.л.)
- "Парламентская газета", "Не ставьте преподавателя в угол" (о проблемах высшего образования)", 2004г., 0,4 п.л.
- "Российская Федерация сегодня", № 9, статья "Какое образование сегодня конкурентоспособно", 2004г., 1,5 п.л.
- "Университетское управление: практика и анализ", № 5-6, Екатеринбург, 2004г., 0,5 п.л.
- Научная редакция перевода на русский язык учебника "Экономическое развитие", М.Тодаро, 1997г., Москва, издательство ЮНИТИ, 50 п.л. (в соавторстве)
- "Интенсификация экономики: масштабы и проблемы", АПН, 1986г., на португальском языке, 4 п.л. (в соавторстве)
- "Научно-технический прогресс и цены", Москва, издательство МГУ 1976 г., 6 п.л. (в соавторстве)
1997 till present – Director of the HSE International College of Economics and Finance
1997-2001 – National Foundation of Staff Training, Innovation Educational Project, Deputy Director, Acting Project Director
1985-1988 – State Law Institute, Guinea-Bissau, professor of economics
1975-1997 – Moscow State University, Economic Department, senior lecturer, associate professor, deputy dean for international relations
HSE University commenced the new academic year with a housewarming party marking the long-awaited opening of its new campus complex on Pokrovsky Boulevard. Rector Yaroslav Kuzminov, Academic Supervisor Evgeny Yasin, and vice rectors of the university took part in the event to welcome students, faculty, and staff.
On October 22, some university staff members were awarded HSE medals and notes of acknowledgement from the Rector.
On September 13, 230 graduates of ICEF-UoL Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes received their diplomas. The history of HSE's collaboration with the London School of Economics of the University of London spans more than 20 years and demonstrates the integral role that international cooperation between universities plays in academic, research, and cultural development. The graduates of 2018 are sure to continue this tradition.
The second stage of the Golden HSE competition has come to an end, and the short-listed nominees have been announced.
The HSE International College of Economics and Finance (ICEF) is turning 20. The college celebrated its anniversary with a gala at the Pushkin Museum and with its largest graduating class ever.
International College of Economics and Finance (ICEF) was created at HSE in 1997 with the academic support of the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), with the aim to provide students with up-to-date and world-class education in economics and finance. This year ICEF turns 20 years, and ICEF Director Sergey Yakovlev talked to The HSE Look about the milestones of ICEF development, its contribution to HSE as a whole and plans for the future.
The 16th graduation ceremony for ICEF students of HSE and the London School of Economics has taken place at the residence of the British Ambassador to Russia. This year’s ceremony had a record number of graduates, with nearly 190 bachelor’s and master’s students receiving their diplomas.
On 15th September theInternational College of Economics and Finance ICEF held its Graduation ceremony at the British Ambassador’s residence in Moscow for the 15th year in a row. At the ceremony, students were awarded their diplomas for the Double Degree programmes run jointly by ICEF and the London School of Economics.
Artem Neklyudov, ICEF BSc Graduate 2007, last year completed his PhD in finance at Carnegie Mellon university. In this interview he talks about what influenced his decision to become an academic, how to find work after graduating, and why research involves teamwork.
Sergey Yakovlev presented at 'Joint Education Programmes between European and Russian Universities’ conference. The conference was organized in Moscow by the Delegation of the European Union to Russia.
On September 11, the International College of Economics and Finance (ICEF) held its graduation ceremony for the class of 2014 at the residence of the British Ambassador to Russia. Since ICEF was created 17 years ago and began carrying out joint programmes with the University of London International Programmes, the number of graduates has reached a thousand.
On February 4, 2014, Princess Anne, Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, who is leading the UK delegation to the Sochi Olympics, visited the Higher School of Economics International College of Economics and Finance.
On September 25, 2013, the 13th HSE International College of Economics and Finance graduation ceremony took place at the residence of Timothy Barrow, Ambassador of the United Kingdom to the Russian Federation.
On the 25th of September the International College of Economics and Finance held its graduation ceremony and a reception for alumni at the residence of the British Ambassador in Moscow.
On November 18-19, 2011 the Higher School of Economics (HSE) hosted the First International Moscow Finance Conference, organized by the International Laboratory in Financial Economics (LFE) and ICEF.
On September 27th the 11th graduation ceremony of the HSE International College of Economics and Finance undergraduate and master’s programmes took place at the British Embassy in Moscow.