- Leading Expert:Laboratory for Experimental Urban Design
- Ivan Mitrofanov has been at HSE since 2016.
- oversees the day-to-day operation of the Lab, with comprehensive understanding of all tools, machinery and safety protocols. Develops user manuals and safety policies, and ensures compliance with safety standards including hazardous material reporting;
- Maintains all lab equipment and tools. Ensures adequate operational knowledge of all such tools and equipment within the Lab to support/train/instruct other users;
- Provides operational support in areas including, but not limited to, everyday students’ work, supporting public courses, new product prototyping, and other aspects of the facility;
- Manages the inventory of consumable stock products and tools within the Lab;
- Assists with the preparation and organization of the Lab’s daily, weekly and semester planned activities.
- Research and Practice Seminar "City and Technology" (Vysokovsky Graduate School of Urbanism; programme "Prototyping Future Cities"; 1 year, 1, 2 semester)Eng
Perhaps, in the not-so-distant future, people will be living in skyscrapers made of wood and concrete with a farm on the first floor and solar panels on the roof. Such a model of a future residential block was presented by the students of the master's programme ‘Prototyping Future Cities’. To create the model, they studied houses in Moscow that have been built over the past hundred years and analyzed international experience. Their model was presented at the Moscow Urban Forum in July and, on September 13 (HSE Day), it will be possible to see it again at Gorky Park.
Graduate School of Urbanism students presented their ‘Advanced Urban Prototype’ at the Concert Hall of Zaryadye Park
Shukhov Lab of HSE Graduate School of Urbanism in collaboration with IAAC (Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia) and Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design is getting ready for the Global Summer School 2018 in Moscow!
Unique Brain Surgeries and Electricity from Moss: HSE Scholars Present Their Discoveries at ONF Action Forum
At an exhibition held during the Russian Popular Front (ONF) Action Forum in Moscow, December 18-19, HSE neuro-linguists presented a method to preserve human speech after brain surgeries, and urbanists showcased sources of energy made of ceramics and moss.