- Manager:Faculty of Social Sciences / Academic Support Centre
- Leyla Ashurova has been at HSE University since 2012.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD)
Degree in International Economic Relations
Moscow State Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the USSR
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
May 2017 - Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Staff Week, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, Portugal
June 2017 - Freie Universität Berlin International Week (Career Services: Enhancing International Cooperation), Berlin, Germany
July 2017 - University of Edinburgh’s Staff Week, Edinburgh, GB
Fields of responsibility:
- Participation in organization and development of partnerships between the Faculty of Social Sciences and foreign universities, preparation and coordination of agreements on students' and academic exchange and cooperation, joint programs, double degree programs;
- Organization and implementation of international recruiting procedures at the Faculty of Social Sciences, interaction in this field with IRI and the Directorate for Internationalization; assistance in contract implementation for international specialists recruited at the international job market (PhD holders);
- Administrative support for specialists hired under the procedure of international recruitment (coordination and assistance in solving all issues related to the work of international specialists at the HSE and their stay in Moscow);
- Interaction with the International Students Office, assistance in promoting English-language courses and Faculty programs. Assistance to foreign undergraduate and graduate students studying at the Higher School of Economics;
- Coordination, consulting and administrative support of internships and exchange programs of students of the Faculty of Social Sciences at foreign universities, development of Erasmus + programs with partner universities.
- Consultations of the Faculty departments on organization and holding of international seminars and conferences, visits of guest international specialists .
2014- present - Manager of the Center for Academic Support, International Coordinator of the Faculty of Social Sciences, HSE University
2012-2014-Manager of the Faculty of Sociology, HSE University
1991-2012 - Research fellow at the Institute of World Economy and International Relations (IMEMO) of the Russian Academy of Sciences