- Director of Internationalisation:Office of Internationalisation
- Yulia Grinkevich has been at HSE since 2013.
- Supervising the Office of Internationalisation and its subdivisions:
1. Academic Integration Centre:
- Developing and implementing the policy of internationalising the HSE University environment;
- Coordinating and supervising professional development programme for the HSE non-academic staff.
Education and Degrees
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Theory and History of Culture
Diploma in Marketing
MIRBIS Moscow International Higher School of Business
Diploma in Linguistics and Intercultural Communication”
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Diploma in Biochemistry
Lomonosov Moscow State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
Awards and Accomplishments
2016-2018: an Expert Community Steering group member in Management and Strategy (European Association for International Education).
2007-2012 Learning Systems Group
Country Academic Director, Area Academic Director (Russia and Eastern Europe)
2005-2006 Lomonosov Moscow State University
Head of Public Affairs Department
1998-2005 Non-State Educational Establishment Phystechshkola
Head of English Department, Head of Educational Directorate (member of the Executive Board)
1998-2003 Lomonosov Moscow State University
Teacher of English
Continuing education / Professional retraining / Internships / Study abroad experience
Workshop “Beyond Management: Leadership for Comprehensive Internationalisation”, NAFSA 2015: Annual Conference and Expo
Workshop “Institutional strategy: all aboard for success”, The 26th Annual EAIE Conference
Summer Institute “Higher Education for Tomorrow”, The University of Hong Kong
- Article Grinkevich Y., Sadykova S. Building Communication Bridges to Mitigate Language and Culture Barriers // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2017. No. 2(12). P. 21-22.
- Article Grinkevich Y., Shabanova M. Centralisation and Decentralisation of International Student Support: Getting the Best of Both Worlds // Higher Education in Russia and Beyond. 2017. No. 2(12). P. 18-19.
- Book Yulia Grinkevich, Maria Shabanova, Delgado L., Könnölä T., Paullin E., Smith R., Proctor D., Edwards J., Crane L., Healey N., Casals Sala M., Lewis V. EAIE 2016 Winter Forum: THE NEW INTERNATIONAL OFFICER. Amsterdam : European Association for International Education, 2016.
- Chapter Гринкевич Ю. В. Полиязычное пространство внутренних коммуникаций университета // В кн.: Полиязычная образовательная среда: модели, пути создания, практики. Издательство Уральского университета, 2016. doi С. 24-32. doi
The Annual International Conference "NAFSA" (Los-Angeles, May-June 2017). Poster presentation: Different Tracks, Shared University: Orientation Programs Synergy.
The Annual International Conference "Going Global" (London, May 2017). Panel session: Forecasting Сity Futures: a University Challenge.
The AUA (Association of University Administrators ) Annual Conference and Exhibition (Manchester, April 2017). Workshop: Transformation of Russian Universities Through The Academic Exellence Project 5-100.
The Second All-Russian Conference “University Professional Development Programmes” (Moscow, October 2016). Presentation: HSE professional development programme for non-academic staff: expertise and horizons for development.
The First All-Russian Conference “International competitiveness of universities: Experience and ways of creating a multilingual educational environment” organized within the XV Seminar-Conference by Russian Academic Excellence Project 5-100 (Ekateringburg, February 2016). Presentation: Taking a path for a multilingual university: HSE case.
The international conference “HR-Trend: Managing Talents and Transformation of the Corporate Culture” (Tomsk, November 2015). Presentation: Working with University Administrative Staff in Infrastructural Changes. Administrative Professional Development Programme of Higher School of Economics.
The international conference QS Worldwide (Nizhny Novgorod, September 2015). Presentation: Segregation or Integration? Centralized and distributed models of international students support.
Nowadays universities do not need to be convinced that their student support services need to cater to international students as well as domestic ones. However, the support system that exists depends on both external and internal factors. A lot is shaped by context: national regulation, the predominant language(s) in the country, the changing demands of the job market; but also and just as importantly, the university’s development strategy.
The beginning of the 21st century has seen a great increase in mobility and migration – both voluntary and forced by external circumstances. These developments have increased the demand for intercultural skills and innovative approaches and to keep up with them higher education institutions need to do all they can to help ready their graduates for coming global challenges.
On June 23, an international academic mobility fair took place at HSE. Over 25 universities from Europe, USA, China and Japan took part in the event.
From April 20 – 30, 2017, students from Radboud University Nijmegen took part in a cultural and educational programme organized by the Faculty of Computer Science as part of the ‘Information and Computer Technology in Different Cultures’ course.
HSE is among the leaders in 8 out of 35 indicators in the latest U-Multirank ranking, including student mobility, graduate entrepreneurial activity, and income from continuous professional development.
From September 15 to 18, 2015, a delegation from HSE took part in The Annual EAIE Conference for the second time. This year international experts in higher education gathered in Glasgow.
Yulia Grinkevich, Director of Internationalization at HSE describes English-language lectures at HSE Day.