- Shamil Yenikeyeff has been at HSE University since 2022.
Education and Degrees
University of Oxford
University of Oxford
Degree in Jurisprudence
Bashkir State University
- International Energy Policy (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 3 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Russia, the Middle East and Asia in the Changing Global Energy Order (Master’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Eng
- Russia, the Middle East and Asia in the Changing Global Energy Order (Mago-Lego; 1, 2 module)Eng
- Energy Policy (Bachelor’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 3 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Russia and the Global Energy Order (Master’s programme; Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs; 2 year, 2 module)Rus
- Article Yenikeyeff S. Oil’s Well in Central Asia: China, Kazakhstan, and Russia Make a Deal // Foreign Affairs. 2015
- Chapter Yenikeyeff S. Oil and the corporate reintegration of Russia: The role of federal oil companies in Russia's center-periphery relations, in: Problems Confronting Contemporary Democracies: Essays in Honor of Alfred Stepan. Notre Dame: Notre Dame Press, 2012. doi doi
- Article Yenikeyeff S. Privatisierungspläne, Machtkämpfe, Instabilität: Russlands Ölindustrie in der Putin-Krise / Пер. с англ. // Osteuropa Zeitschrift für Gegenwartsfragen des Ostens. 2012. No. 6-8. P. 163-178.
- Book Yenikeyeff S. BP, Russian billionaires and the Kremlin: a Power Triangle that never was. Oxford : Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, 2011.
- Article Yenikeyeff S. Energy interests of the 'great powers' in Central Asia: Cooperation or conflict? // The International Spectator. 2011. No. 46(3). P. 61-78. doi
- Chapter Krukov V. A., Yenikeyeff S. The Contest for Control: Oil and gas management in Russia, in: Plundered Natons? Successes and Failures in Natural Resource Extraction. NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Article Yenikeyeff S. Caspian natural gas - 1: Kazakh export plans affect regional producers, buyers // OIL and GAS JOURNAL. 2009. Vol. 107. No. 1. P. 56-59.
- Article Yenikeyeff S. Caspian natural gas - Conclusion: Trans-Caspian pipeline remains contentious // OIL and GAS JOURNAL. 2009. Vol. 107. No. 2. P. 52-53.
- Chapter Yenikeyeff S. Kazakhstan's gas, in: Russian and CIS Gas Markets and their impact on Europe. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Article Yenikeyeff S. El futuro de los suministros energéticos del Caspio y Asia Central / Пер. с англ. // Economía exterior. 2008. No. 46. P. 47-59.
- Book Yenikeyeff S. Kazakhstan's gas : export markets and export routes. Oxford : Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, 2008.
- Article Yenikeyeff S. The Georgia-Russia standoff and the future of Caspian and Central Asian Energy supplies: The case of Kazakhstan // Geopolitics of Energy. 2008. Vol. 30. No. 10-11. P. 7-12.
- Book Yenikeyeff S. The Battle for the Next Energy Frontier: The Russian Polar Expedition and the Future of Arctic Hydrocarbons. Oxford : Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, 2007.
- Article Yenikeyeff S. Is Russia a threat to energy supplies? // Oxford Energy Forum. 2006. Vol. 66. P. 4-10.
- Book Yenikeyeff S. The G8 and Russia: Security of Supply vs. Security of Demand. Oxford : Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, 2006.
2014-2022, Managing Director, Oxford International Centre
2015-2016, Organizing Director of the International Energy Center, European University at St. Petersburg
2006-2016, Research Fellow, St Antony's College, University of Oxford
2006–2014, Fellow, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
On August 10, 2023, Shamil Yenikeyeff, Professor of the School of International Affairs, HSE University gave a presentation “Russia's Energy Pivot to the East and the New Energy Game in Northeast Asia” at the conference “The Global Role of the Asia-Indo-Pacific Region in International Relations: Anthropocene, Peace and Security”.