Methodology and methods of research:
- theory of the reproductive function of education and cultural capital (Bourdieu P.);
- theory of human capital (Becker G.),
- typology of educational systems, based on selection models (Hopper E.);
- model of “effective school” (Mortimor P., Marzano R.);
- model of «school improvement» (Reynolds D.);
- model of analysis of effects of модель анализа эффектов «school improvemen t programs» (Creemers P., Stoll L., Reezigt G.);
- concept of «school choice»;
- concept of educational resilience in nrelation to edicational institutions and social groups (Greg Jennings, Paul Hernandez-Martineza, Jami L. Jones).
Methods of research:
- literature analysis;
- secondary analysis of international comparative research data of academic performance PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment);
- international monitoring research of school mathematics and science education TIMSS (Trends in Mathematics and Science Study);
- Data analysis of a longitudinal study of educational and employment trajectories
- Regression analyses;
- Analysis of official statistics resources;
- Case study.
Empirical basis of research:
- Data of international comparative research (PIRLS, TIMMS, PISA);
- Data of profile sociological (RLMS, Monotoring of the Economy of Education, Monitoring of educational and employment trajectories of graduates of schools and universities
- Data of education statistics of the Russian Federation (Rosstat, Materials National Population Census 2010 ).
- Strategic documents of educational policy of Russia and foreign countries;
- Field data from pilot regions of the project (Yaroslavskaya oblast, Republic of Karelia).
- features of conditionality of educational outcomes from social differences in settlements of various types (gradient and influences) are characterized;
- differentiation of the nature of using services of additional education (in particular focused on preparing for exam) depending on parents social status and type of settlement is disclosed;
- the groups of countries acting as an example of a successful combination of policies to reduce inequalities and improve the quality of education in different social, economic and cultural contexts, characterized by the best practices of policy implementation are defined;
- the existing models of comparative analysis of national educational systems and educational policy from the perspective of the impact on educational inequality and the interests of various social groups are refined and supplemented;
- new empirical knowledge about the features of the institutional arrangements of national educational systems, types of educational policies and specific strategies that promote or hinder the emergence of educational inequality are obtained;
- new forms and effects of the implementation of models of "effective schools" and «school improvement» in the practice of educational institutions of various territories of the Russian Federation are characterized;
- with regard to the conditions of Russian education opportunities and the best ways to apply "effective schools" and «school improvement» to build effective programs for capacity building of schools in improving the life chances of disadvantaged groups in general education are grounded;
The degree of implementation of recommendations or the results of the implementation of research results
Through the use of a unique empirical material (longitudinal studies of educational and employment trajectories of students on the basis of the Russian part of the projects TIMMS and PISA) on an individual level the regularities that govern the movement of individual students within the educational system, depending on individual circumstances (including socio-economic of families, the school context and the overall level of development of local educational infrastructure, including additional educational opportunities) are studied.
Incorporation in the analysis of information on the initial level of competence of students (based on TIMMS and PISA) allowed unlike other domestic works in this area to consider educational final results not onlyas astatic category but as a dynamic category as well.
Dynamics of achievements of selected groups of students from families with different levels of social, economic and cultural resources aretraced at several stages of an international comparative study PISA.
For the first time in the Russian Federation the results of study the practical models of "effective schools" and «school improvement» in Russian schools, including in comparison with the experience of the implementation of these models in other European countries are presented.
The results of the work are being implemented:
- in the quality assessment of education and effectiveness of educational organization system (Moscow Region, Yaroslavl Oblast, Republic of Karelia, Tambov region, Krasnoyarsk region);
- in practice of developing and implementing programs to improve the results of schools working in difficult social conditions, showing low educational outcomes (Moscow Region, Yaroslavl Oblast, Republic of Karelia, Tambov region, Yaroslavl region).
The results of the research are planned to be used in future for analytical and methodological support of the state educational policy to ensure access to quality education, risk reduction education inequality.