Analysis and generalization of ways to perform a successful shift to an “efficient conract”.
The following goals were determined and reached by the research:
- analysis of payment schemes for academic staff in secondary professional education institutions beyond Russia;
- determination and description of formal (existing in documents) practices of work efficiency stimulation of pedagogical staff in secondary professional and higher education institutions within Russia;
- determination of conditions under which relations between administrative and pedagogical staff reach the state of an efficient contract;
- elaboration of the analytical report on means and practices of performing a successful shift to the “efficient contract” scheme in secondary professional and higher education institutions.
3. Empiric basis:
The research is based on the follwing data:
- local administrative documents of 30 higher education institutions within jurisdiction of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation: collective employment agreements, regulatory documents concerning remuneration of labor, bonus and incentive payments.
- local statutory acts of 6 federal and 24 regional secondary professional education institutions (received on the stage of in-depth interviews with heads or deputy heads of institutions and focus-group meetings of pedagogical staff)
Sociological research is carried out for the project:
- in federal and regional secondary professional education institutions which are structural parts of higher education institutions. 46 interviews were carried out in 3 regional subjects of Russian Federation with representatives of education regulatory bodies and administrative heads of secondary professional education institutions. 3 focus-groups were conducted with academic staff representatives of these institutions. As a result, the research was built on the data on 12 secondary professional education institutions of 7 regional subjects of Russian Federation
- in higher education institutions (1 classical university and 5 specialized universities: medical, cultural, agricultural, pedagogical, transport). The research is based on case study. In each university depth interviews were carried out with representatives of university administration responsible for implementation of “efficient contract” scheme and heads of academic departments. Focus-groups were conducted with academic staff representatives of these universities. From 5 to 11 (51 in total) interviews were held in each institution.
- An analytical note on foreign experience of remuneration schemes secondary professional education institutions.
- An analytical review of formal (existing in documents) practices of work efficiency stimulation and result-oriented remuneration schemes for pedagogical staff in secondary professional and higher education institutions within Russia.
- An analytical review of «efficient contract» implementation practice in domestic secondary professional and higher education institutions.
- Two researh articles were elaborated and sent for a review.
Implementation success, recommendations on implementation, results of implementation:
The results of the research work describe and analyze stages that implementation of «efficient contract» involves and might be used by educational authorities to prepare explanatory and informational procedures, develop methodological materials on implementation of «efficient contract» in professional and higher education, monitor implementation process.
Methodological approaches of this research might be used to optimize communication of governing bodies with educational institutions within their jurisdiction. Results of the research open new perspectives for further improvement of legal, organizational, personnel approaches in implementation of «efficient contract».