Methodology: comparative analysis, methods of analogy and case study, case analysis, peer judgment, collective phenomena approach, modeling approach, dynamic analysis, statistical data processing.
Empirical base of research: Russian and foreign sources describing international experience describing schoolteachers professional development; government regulations and programs in the field of human resources management policy of selected pilot regions; qualitative sociological research data.
Results of research:
- collection, analysis of data and forming-up a database describing schoolteachers, based on statistical information provided by the Ministry of Education and Science;
- collection, analysis of data and forming-up a database describing regional professional development systems and pilot regions policies in this field;
- collection and analysis of international practices on improving professional capacity of schoolteachers;
- developing the system for monitoring of pedagogical staff capacity in pilot regions;
- designing recommendations for developers of programs for schoolteachers’ professional development.
Level of implementation, recommendations on implementation or outcomes of the implementation of the results.
Carrying out the qualitative sociological research (focus-groups and expert interview) on schoolteachers in pilot regions allowed bringing up their attitude towards existing regional practices for capacity building and professional development of pedagogic staff.
Applicable to theory, the research provided developing of mechanisms and approaches for organizing inter-regional comparison of policies and practices in teachers’ education and training, as well as comparing those with international ones.
Applicable to methodology, the research allowed generating basic approaches and methodical principles for organizing and implementing the monitoring of schoolteachers capacity.
Applicable to generating new empirical knowledge, new objective data describing pedagogical staff was gathered, as well as knowledge related to pilot regions’ policy for replenishment of schoolteachers’ capacity, models, scales and peculiarities, economic and financial schemes of schoolteachers’ professional development systems.