Integration of professional standards requirements to the internationalsystem for the recognition of professional qualifications
The system of professional skills’ quality confirmation is supposed to be a part of National qualification system. It ensures official recognition of different modes of study taking into account various factors like employers’ demand for competence, outlook for professions’ development and so forth. Nowadays the system of professional skills’ quality confirmation in Russian federation is at its development stage.
The importance of research topic is caused by necessity of revealing the most positive international experience in the sphere of qualifications certification and effective models’ development for quality confirmation in Russian Federation.
Subject matter consists of international systems of qualifications certification’ activity and elements of national qualification system in Russian Federation.
Research objective is preparation of integration offers based on analysis of domestic and international experience. By integration offers we mean integration of requirements of Russian professional standards and its international analogues which are used in quality appropriation systems.
In the theoretical part, basics of forming of national qualification system were formulated regarding substantiation of necessary limits and state role in the process of professional skills regulation:
1. Key elements of professional certification systems’ operation were defined:
- organization-functional certification structure;
- quality control of certification centers’ work;
- preparation rules for certification holding;
- candidate requirements for getting certification, terms of evaluation;
- technology of examining for certificate obtaining;
- use of restraints for certificate’s authentication and anti-falsification protection.
2. Fundamental rules and procedures from international qualification’ certification systems were defined and investigated. The analysis results:
- different organizational types of certification structure were defined. They vary by centralization degree and territorial coverage;
- two key instruments of control were clearly recognized and described. The first one is establishing of special standards for organizations providing qualifications’ certification. And the second is compliance test for the organizations;
- the thesis on the qualification specifics’ dependence on certificate procedure’s characteristics was given a reason. By characteristics we mean preparation rules for certification holding, candidate requirements for getting certification, terms of appraisal process, procedures of examining for certificate obtaining and so on;
- the best practices of certificates’ protection from falsification were defined.
3. Ways of implementing best international practices on qualification were described.
The criteria of international and Russian qualification requirements’ comparability were determined by compatibility analysis. The following criteria were defined: methods for qualifying requirements’ fixation and nature of qualifying requirements.
Theoretical findings were used for empirical results of the research. With regard to empirical results the main principals of certificate centers’ activity were proposed.
The system of qualifications certification should be based on following principles:
- independence of qualifications certification’s implementation;
- voluntary nature of candidate’s qualification assessment;
- accessibility of certification procedures;
- transparent information about qualifications certification procedures;
- uniform rules and requirements for certification;
- high quality of qualification assessment process which builds market confidence.
Recommendations based on given foundations include: guidelines on creating uniform rules and requirements for certification, as well as proposals concerning the organization of qualifications certification system in Russian Federation.
The results of the study could be used for the development of National qualifications system’ institutes in Russian Federation. They can also form the basis for further investigations in the field of upgrading labor relations’ management.
Profession perspectives research, Generalization of international experience in evaluation of perspective changes in contents of occupations, based on separate professional groups; approbation of profession contents assessment method based on certain occupation