In NSQ it is required to determine the perspectives of development for such professions, professional standards and industries, which need system, which guarantee quality of qualification, official acceptance of different forms of education and other factors. Such development of NSQ should be made on demand of professional competencies from employers.
Professional standards development, which is used to improve educational standards and educational programs, is supposed to include the analysis of key changes in industry, occupations, identification of key change’s factors, assessment of changes in contents of job functions.
The object of research is professions, groups of professions and occupations in Russian and International labour markets.
Research was focused on development of the instruments of future profession profile formulation, which means descripting its contents in a certain period of time and expertise the dynamics of employers, because nowadays such research is not in place in Russian Federation.
International practice shows that same research programs are taken part in USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and other countries. The aim of these programs is defining the parameters of supply and demand changes in certain occupational groups in 10 years perspective, based on changes of employers quantity demand, amount of new workplaces in certain occupation forecast and other information.
The objective of the research is analysis of international experience and practices in evaluation of perspective changes in contents of occupations, based on separate professional groups in different industries and countries for following development and approbation of theoretical method of profession contents assessment using certain professions.
The main tasks of research are:
- Studying and analysis of different informational open sources, websites, containing data about Occupational Outlook Study methods;
- Developing the instruments of data collection about dynamics of contents changes in professions, professional groups and occupations, including the elements of changes forecast: questionnaires, surveys and focus-group scenarios.
- Approbation of developed data collection instruments.
Information basis of research are:
- Results of researches collected in international organizations (ILO, World Bank and others)
- Open information from professional societies from different countries
- Project participants researches results
During the international experience analysis were studied:
- Specific features of profession from general description point of view
- Certain tasks, level of qualification, career and employment perspectives, annual income, amount of vacancies, development perspectives for certain profession.
Information about existing methods of perspective changes of contents occupations evaluation was studied and generalized.
Analysis of professions and occupations describing problems was made from historical perspective. Key aspects of this methods formation in Russian and international theoretical analysis of professions and practical occupation models were configured for the purpose of preparation management taking into account requirements of certain occupations, including populations group employment management.
Fundamental value of common vocabulary was defined, for example commonly used terms “profession” and “occupation” in Russian and international literature have different meanings.
Methodology of work was based on method of scientific research in combination with practical activity. It meant, that combination of theoretical cabinet research methods and practical activity in researched sphere data usage should be used. Within the methodology were used such methods as: comparative analysis of original documents and international organizations materials, scientific and methodical literature, methods of quality and quantity analysis, methods of experts evaluation and method of cabinet researches approbation on practice. Thereby in the basis of research lies:
- Study and analysis of different sources, containing information about international researches on matters of describing, studying perspectives of development, construction and projecting the forecasts of changes in professions, groups of professions and occupations profiles.
- Study and analysis of Occupation Outlook study, Employment Outlook study and varieties usage features.
- Study and analysis international systems of professions, group of professions and occupation descriptions, labour market employment levels forecasts, development perspectives and other characteristics.
- Development and approbation of focus theme questionnaire.
- Development and approbation of scenarios and guides for focus-groups, which research the contents of professions and determine dynamic characteristics of forecast.
Generalizing received data it can be presumed that it is impossible to determine the perspectives of changes in occupation description using the model of professional standard. It comes from comparing different occupations no identical measurements and criteria can be used.
Results of research consist of: Glossary, theoretical basis of profession and occupation analysis. Developed methods of profession and occupation contents assessment showed the visibility and effectiveness of their usage, analysis of received results confirmed reliability of obtained information, efficiency of receiving results using the methods. Moreover, opportunities of efficient usage of detected changes in occupation description for determining the qualification accordance were studied.
Implementation of research results consist of proposals of future forms of development and usage of methodical instruments:
1. Recommendations about mechanics and character of their usage are given for studying the changes in contents of professions, determining the perspectives of professions development and timely detecting new types of occupation and further development of professional standards
2. Express-survey is recommended for:
a. “heating” experts and the beginning of focus-groups
b. Online surveys
3. Questionnaires, surveys and scenarios are recommended to be used for evaluation of changes in such occupations, which content managing actions, intellectual or artistic aspect and for measuring the changes in work-class professions.
4 Taking traditional focus-groups is laborious and pricey procedure, therefore it is recommended to take online focus-groups using digital communications or make online-surveys, especially in regions with insufficient funding of occupations specifics researches.
5. It is recommended to make further researches to determine the dynamic characteristics of high-tech professions contents, because of shortage of such specialists in Russian labour market.
6. It is recommended to develop the cooperation with consultants and practices for the reason of constructing complex system of competencies, which is detailed by the levels of matrix indicators of all profession of Russian labour market and further development of Complex research software which would be compatible to similar international systems.
7. Complete the survey about the forecasts of changes and recommend the experts to make a model of professional standard with sections (subsections), tasks and aggregated competencies. This will effectively test the verbal perception of document factors in practice.
8. It is recommended to develop the cooperation in research work with other consultants and practices to determine dynamic characteristics of high-tech professions contents, who weren’t invited to participate in focus-groups on current stage because of the resources shortage, and to develop complex analytics software for real-time Russian labour market and professions researches and creating modern instruments to provide operative analytics for Professional Qualifications Councils.
Sphere of application
The results of research will allow to study perspectives of any profession in Russian labour market using complex assessment methods system of changes in professions, professional groups and occupations by measuring the dynamic characteristics, can be used in operational work of Professional Qualifications Councils for developing professional standards, creating roadmaps of new professions implementation or cross-industries communications reconfiguring.