The project has been carried out as part of the HSE Program of Fundamental Studies.
The project was implemented as part of the HSE Basic research program.
- Research object: to identify models of corporate technology transfer in Russia and to expose the key barriers and risks which are obstacles to innovation activity in various sectors of the economy.
- Empirical base of the research: data obtained from surveys of executives and managers of industrial companies in St.-Petersburg, 2011 – 2012.
- Research results: the research helped to reveal that only a few of the existing corporate technology transfer models are being used by Russian industrial companies. Our results confirmed the correlation between technology transfer processes and enterprise performance. We propose a system of indicators for innovation development for the Russian pharmaceutical industry. It includes 5 groups of indicators and reflects a model which combines innovation activity and sustainability with social responsibility.
- Implementation of the research results: The system of indicators is used by the Administration of St.-Petersburg.
- The research development: development of metrics that characterize the innovative activity of enterprises, taking into account different models of corporate technology transfer, identification barriers to technology transfer and business innovation risks. The logic of the research also requires the investigation of corporate innovation projects and development of their valuation methods to include them into a financial model of the enterprise. After joining the WTO, it is vitally important to audit existing technologies and confirm their competiveness.
- International partners:
Alexander Kandybin (Booz&Co), Senior partner, PhD http://www.booz.com/global/home/who_we_are/leadership/50635169/alexander_kandybin
Roberto Iorio, University of Salerno, Professor of Economics and Statistics, PhD http://www.unisa.it/dipartimenti/dip_scienze_economiche_e_statistiche/organizzazione/docenti
Jacques Boulay, ESSCA School of Management, Director for Research and School Developments, PhD http://www.essca.fr/FR/Professeurs_recherche/annuaire_corps_professoral/Pages/boulay_jacques.aspx
Narcyz Roztocki, State University of New York at New Paltz School of Business, Professor of MIS,PhD http://www2.newpaltz.edu/~roztockn/