Project Name: Research and Development of Methods of Ensuring the Functional Safety and Electromagnetic Compatibility of Space Systems
This project was implemented within the framework of the HSE's Basic Research Programme.
1. Research Object: Spacecrafts (SC) and their onboard radio-electronic equipment (OREE).
2. Objective: To ensure the functional safety of radio-electronic means of space systems and, in particular, spacecrafts under the influence of powerful electromagnetic impulses of a natural and technogenic origin, which will make it possible to increase the term of active existence of produced spacecrafts to 10−15 years or more.
3. Empirical Base of the Research: Spacecraft electrostatic discharges and electromagnetic compatibility laboratory of MIEM HSE.
4. Research Results: A theory is developed pertaining to the design of electronic means to increase functional reliability so that it is resistant to destructive electromagnetic influences, including those in the form of powerful electromagnetic impulses. A technique for modeling the influence of electrostatic discharge (ESR) on electronics is developed. Particularly developed and investigated is a model of one of the basic, built-in protection elements of KMOP chips – GGNMOST. The parameters that the built-in protection scheme must possess to provide two levels of protection – design and circuitry – are determined. Recommendations are made to the equipment developer on the creation of a generalized model of a chip with built-in protection. Recommendations are made about applying the protection scheme.
An analysis is carried out of methods of assessing the reliability of the onboard radio-electronic equipment of spacecrafts and the possibility of their application, taking into account features of reliability calculation schemes. Methods of calculating the OREE SC electronic modules, making it possible to consider the influence of ESR on their reliability, are developed. Also developed are methods of simulating modeling of OREE SC, making it possible to assess the indicators of reliability of structural and difficult OREE and OREE with the reconfigurable structure, and making it possible, in aggregate, to increase the accuracy and reliability of the reliability assessment of OREE SC.
In terms of developing macromodels and an accelerated method for approximately calculating equivalent, large-dimension schemes for large-size spacecrafts of increased complexity, a method is proposed of allocated areas, based on carrying out calculations of transitional currents in a local zone of the spacecraft's circuitry. A new approach is offered for the macromodelling of equivalent large-dimension schemes for large-size spacecrafts of increased complexity. The approach is based on Euler's explicit and implicit numerical methods. The macromodel is constructed, and a new computing scheme, in which only coefficients of the corresponding vector are calculated, is received. The new computing scheme allows the computing costs of the analysis of structural electro-physical model of SC to be reduced by several orders.
5. Implementation of Research Results: Space technology. It is planned to introduce the developed structural and electro-physical model of large-size spacecraft of increased complexity at The M. V. Khrunichev Space Center.
6. International partners: None.