Goal of Research: The aim of the research is to improve the quality of education engineering by creating an information system to support continuous professional engineering education for multidisciplinary projects to create high-tech productions.
The objectives of the study included:
1. The development of conceptual frameworks for a unified information system to train specialists with an engineering profile, which take into account the interdisciplinary nature of engineering education.
2. The development of methodological and technical requirements for teaching materials, aimed to build competencies.
3. The development of requirements to access the enterprise website to find learning materials for vocational education programs.
Empirical Base of Research: The main priorities of innovative development and modernization of the economy, are related primarily to the modernization of its high-tech industries in the fields of electronics, communication systems, new materials, robotics, information and information and communication technologies, designing of technical systems and ensuring the products ' life cycle. With the development and implementation of integrated and interdisciplinary projects to create high-tech productions there is a necessity for high-quality professional education and training of engineering personnel capable of implementing such projects. The preparation of highly qualified engineering personnel, in turn, dictates the need to select appropriate approaches and methods using a competency building approach, advanced educational technologies including e-learning and specialized educational programs. The criteria for assessing competencies, teaching methods, mechanisms for the selection of educational programs and their implementation has to be adapted to the needs of potential customers and made available to them through modern information and communication technologies. Depending on the different types of professional activities the educational process should be focused on design, technological or scientific and research training.
Results of Research:
- We have proposed an architecture for the information system to support continuing professional engineering education on the basis of the Model-View-Processing.
- we have formulated requirements and proposed a structure for educational and teaching materials, using the competency building approach and advanced educational technologies for studying contemporary trends in science and technology for multidisciplinary projects to create high-tech productions.
- we have defined requirements and proposed a software implementation for an enterprise website.
Level of implementation, recommendations on implementation or outcomes of the implementation of Results. 4 articles have been published as a result of the research work.
Field of application: The results of the work can be used in the educational process for engineering profile disciplines including e-learning, creation of information systems that implement access to materials developed to improve the quality of education.