A recently launched updated course syllabus provides new academic support opportunities for HSE teachers (most notably for academic programme developers). The 2.0 version offers advanced functionality, a user-friendly interface, and integration with other HSE digital services.
Main features of the new course syllabus:
- Teachers now have the opportunity to add their own course materials while creating a course outline;
- The blocks ‘course implementation’ (course implementation in a given academic year - split into lectures and seminars, focusing on the characteristics and specialization of students, as well as the assessment) and ‘course programme’ (short description, a list of topics and learning outcomes) will be divided. This will help avoid the need to re-enter part of the information and materials that undergo no changes in different academic periods.
- The number of fields for manual input has been reduced. There is no longer a need to enter information about the course duration and other technical information, as this information will be uploaded from the syllabus since the course programmes are now linked to the curricula and displayed on the website without additional integrations.
- Data on the course outline, expected learning outcomes, performance assessment methods and assessment criteria are integrated from the programme to the course page in SmartLMS. This solution also significantly reduces the amount of manual work required of teachers when preparing materials for students.
Future updates will make it possible to integrate data on teaching quality assessment as well as information about the student individual curriculum into the course syllabus 2.0. These innovations will help students as they choose courses.
- To log in to the Course Syllabus 2.0 please follow the link
- Instructions for working with the service (in Russian)
- If you have any questions about working with the service, please fill in the form (course syllabus components)
February 04, 2022