- Organizes applied research, expertise, consultations, statistical and monitoring investigations and other research except from fundamental;
- Oversees elaboration of statistical and other reports on the completion by the HSE of scientific and research works;
- Supervises the effectiveness of the implementation of research by HSE research departments;
- Organizes the preparation for publication of scientific, methodical, statistical, informational and analytical papers;
- Coordinates the interaction between HSE research departments and external clients;
- Carries out methodic administration of the HSE regional branches in terms of research, expert and analytical activities.