- President of the ‘Liberalnaya Missiya' (‘Liberal Mission') Foundation
- President of the Scientific Non-Commercial Foundation ‘Expert Institute' (Exin)
- Member of the Russian Federation Public Chamber Commission on Education and Science (2008)
- Member of the European Academy of Sciences
- Honorary Professor at the Jilin University (People's Republic of China)
- Doctor Honoris Causa at the University of Birmingham (Great Britain)
- Chairman of the Dissertation Council on Economic Sciences, HSE
- Professor at the HSE Department of Statistics
Evgeniy Yasin was born on May 7th, 1934.
In 1957 he graduated from the Odessa Institute of Civil Construction, and in 1963 from the Lomonosov Moscow State University Faculty of Economics. In 1968 he defended his thesis for the degree of the Candidate of Science. In 1976 - Doctor of Economics, and since 1979 - Professor. From 1958 - 1960 Evgeniy Yasin was an engineer at the Design Institute of the Committee of Civil Engineering, Ukrainian SSR. After graduating from MSU, from 1964 - 1973 he worked at the Research Institute of the Central Department of Statistics as head of department and later head of laboratory.
From 1973 - 1989 he headed a laboratory at the Central Institute of Economics and Mathematics, USSR Academy of Sciences.
In 1978 Evgeniy Yasin led a Department on Economic Reform in the State Commission of the USSR Council of Ministers. He was one of the key authors of a number of programmes of the transition to a market economy, including the well-known programme ‘500 days'.
In 1991 he went from the USSR Government Office to the Scientific and Industrial Union of the USSR - today called the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (Employers) (RSPP) - as Director for Economic Policy. In November 1991 he created the Expert Institute as part of this organization and became its head.
From January 1992 Evgeniy Yasin worked as Director of the RSPP and at the same time was Authorized Representative of the Russian Government in the Supreme Council of the Russian Federation.
In 1993 he was appointed Head of a work group under the Chairman of the Government of the RF and actively participated in the development of economic programmes.
In April 1994 he became Head of the Analytical Center under the President of the RF.
In November 1994 Evgeniy Yasin was appointed Minister of the Economy of the Russian Federation, and in April 1997 - Minister of the Russian Federation.
From October 1998 to present - Academic Advisor of the University - Higher School of Economics, President of the Expert Institute.
Since 2000 - President of the ‘Liberalnaya Missiya' (‘Liberal Mission') Foundation.