The call for the intensive summer school is open until May 20th
We are offering an intensive five-week summer program at HSE campus (Moscow) for students with the Intermediate and Advanced levels of the Russian language from July 18 to August 20, 2022.
The summer school is an in-person one-month Russian course in Moscow. The course includes regular Russian language classes, lectures on modern Russian culture, and projects aimed at exploring Russian culture. The course covers four study days a week Monday - Thursday from 10 am to 4 pm with a lunch break. The tentative program is published below.
The full price is 1000 euro and it covers visa invitation, classes, dormitory and tutoring provided by a Russian student.
If you are interested in studying Russian during the summer period, please send your application to Ekaterina Vlasova firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your level.
At the intermediate level
- Practical course of the Russian language (a systematic course in all the aspects of Russian: speaking, listening, reading, writing, and grammar);
- Conversation practice (develops speaking skills in different situations of communication);
- Reading in Russian (involves work with both authentic and adapted contemporary texts in Russian);
- Russian phonetics and intonation (further develops skills of natural Russian pronunciation).
At the advanced level
- Practical course of Russian (a review of difficulties of the Russian grammar; further develops speaking, listening, reading and writing skills at the advanced level);
- Russian through Politics (an overview of contemporary texts and media sources devoted to the most important social and political situations, phenomena and personalities in Russia. The combination of linguistic and political aspects allows students to obtain not only linguistic, but also political and legal knowledge);
- Russian in Business Media (is based on working with texts, audio and video materials of the modern Russian business media in such areas as ‘person’, ‘society’, ‘economics’, ‘world’, etc.);
- Russian through the modern films (includes working with the modern Russian films and TV shows in order to both get familiar with the Russian lifestyle, and also to expand the vocabulary, improve grammar, and tune the language intuition in different registers / communication styles of the Russian language).