New postdoctoral position
International Laboratory ‘Russia’s Regions in Historical Perspective’ in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of the history of Russia’s regions.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a PhD from an internationally recognized university in the field of Russia’s History or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE;
- Candidates should have a demonstrated ability or clear potential (as assessed by external reviewers) to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Ability to work in team, publication record in English or potential for producing high-quality research publications;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is strongly desirable.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Ekaterina Boltunova, the Head of the Laboratory, and Willard Sunderland, the Academic Supervisor of the Laboratory;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on the research projects of International Laboratory ‘Russia’s Regions in Historical Perspective’ such as:
Political and Social Practices in Russia’s Regions (19th – 20th centuries)
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
- participation in the events of the Lab and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
For detailed information please visit the page.