- Senior Research Fellow:Center for Institutional Studies / Laboratory for Applied Analysis of Institutions and Social Capital
- Anastassia Obydenkova has been at HSE since 2015.
research on two projects:
Project 1: “The role of historical legacies in institutional development” and
Project 2: “Corruption and Trust into Institutions in times of Economic Crisis: Multilevel approach”
- Book Obydenkova A., Libman A. Causes and Consequences of Democratization: the Regions of Russia. L., NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Article Obydenkova A., Salahodjaev R. Government size, intelligence and life satisfaction // Intelligence. 2017. Vol. 61. No. March–April . P. 85-91. doi
- Article Obydenkova A., Salahodjaev R. “Climate Change Policies: The Role of Democracy and Social Cognitive Capital” // Environmental Research. 2017. Vol. 157. P. 182-189. doi
- Article Obydenkova A., Arpino B. “Corruption and Trust in the European Union and National Institutions: Changes over the Great Recession across European States” // Journal of Common Market Studies. 2017 doi (in print)
- Article Lankina T. V., Libman A., Obydenkova A. Appropriation and Subversion: Precommunist Literacy, Communist Party Saturation, and Postcommunist Democratic Outcomes // World Politics. 2016. Vol. 68. No. 2. P. 229-274. doi
- Article Lankina T., Libman A., Obydenkova A. Authoritarian and Democratic Diffusion in Post-Communist Regions. // Comparative Political Studies. 2016. Vol. 49. No. 12. P. 1599-1629. doi
- Article Obydenkova A., Salohodjaev R. Intelligence, Democracy, and International Environmental Commitment // Environmental Research. 2016. Vol. 147. P. 82-88. doi
- Article Obydenkova A., Nazarov Z., Salahodjaev R. The process of deforestation in weak democracies and the role of Intelligence // Environmental Research. 2016. Vol. 148. No. July . P. 484-490. doi
- Chapter Libman A., Obydenkova A. “Economic Reforms in Ukraine in Comparative Perspective: Formal and Informal Dimensions”, in: Beyond the Euromaidan: Comparative Perspectives for Advancing Reform in Ukraine. Stanford : Stanford University Press, 2016.
- Book Autocratic and Democratic External Influences in Post-Soviet Eurasia / Ed. by A. Obydenkova, A. Libman. Ashgate, 2015.
- Article Libman A., Obydenkova A. CPSU Legacies and Regional Democracy in Contemporary Russia // Political Studies. 2015. Vol. 63. No. S1. P. 173-190.
- Book Obydenkova A., Libman A. Causes and Consequences of Democratization. The regions of Russia. Routledge, 2015.
- Chapter Obydenkova A., Libman A. Modern External Influences and the Multi-Level Regime Transition: Theory Building, in: Autocratic and Democratic External Influences in Post-Soviet Eurasia / Ed. by A. Obydenkova, A. Libman. Ashgate, 2015. P. 15-43.
- Chapter Libman A., Obydenkova A. Summarizing Theory-Testing and Future Research Agenda, in: Autocratic and Democratic External Influences in Post-Soviet Eurasia / Ed. by A. Obydenkova, A. Libman. Ashgate, 2015. P. 105-124.
- Article Obydenkova A., Libman A. Understanding the survival of post-Communist corruption in contemporary Russia: The influence of historical legacies // Post-Soviet Affairs. 2015. Vol. 31. No. 4. P. 304-338. doi
- Article Libman A., Obydenkova A. Governance of Commons in a Large Nondemocratic Country: The Case of Forestry in the Russian Federation // Publius . 2014. Vol. 44. No. 2. P. 298-323.
- Article Libman A., Obydenkova A. International Trade as a Limiting Factor in Democratization: an Analysis of Subnational Regions in Post-Communist Russia // Studies in Comparative International Development. 2014. Vol. 49. No. 2. P. 168-196.
- Article Obydenkova A., Libman A. Understanding the foreign policy of autocratic actors: ideology or pragmatism? Russia and the Tymoshenko trial as a case study // Contemporary Politics . 2014. Vol. 20. No. 3. P. 347-364.
- Article Libman A., Obydenkova A. Communism or Communists? Soviet Legacies and Corruption in Transition Economies // Economics Letters. 2013. Vol. 119. No. 1. P. 101-103. doi
- Article Moreno L., Obydenkova A. “Federalization in Russia and Spain: The Puzzle of Reversible and Irreversible Outcomes” // Regional and Federal Studies. 2013. Vol. 23. No. 2. P. 151-168. doi
- Article Obydenkova A. Comparative Democratisation: National–International Nexus of Analysis in Post-Communist Regime Transition // Europe-Asia Studies. 2012. Vol. 64. No. 6. P. 1127-1133.
- Article Obydenkova A. Democratization at the grassroots: the European Union's external impact // Democratization. 2012. Vol. 19. No. 2. P. 230-257.
- Article Obydenkova A. A Triangle of Russian Federalism: Democratization, (De-) Centralization, and Local Politics // Publius . 2011. Vol. 41. No. 4. P. 734-741.
- Article Obydenkova A. “Benefits and Deficits of Multilateralism: Conceptualizing the Lessons of the Commonwealth of Independent States” // Italian Political Science Review. 2011. P. 49-74.
- Article Obydenkova A. “Comparative Regionalism: Eurasian Cooperation and European Integration: The Case for Neofunctionalism?” // Journal of Eurasian Studies. 2011. Vol. 2. No. 2. P. 87-102. doi
- Article Obydenkova A. “Energy Issues in the Context of the Regime Transition of Post-Soviet Eurasia: National and International Dimension” // Review of Politics. 2010. Vol. 72. No. 2. P. 325-337.
- Book Obydenkova A. Democratization, Regionalization and Europeanization in Russia: Interplay of National and Transnational Factors. VDM Verlag, 2008.
- Article Obydenkova A. Regime transition in the regions of Russia: The freedom of mass media: Transnational impact on sub-national democratization? // European Journal of Political Research. 2008. Vol. 47. No. 2. P. 221-246.
- Article Obydenkova A. “The International Dimension of Democratization: Test the Parsimonious Approach” // Cambridge Review of International Affairs. 2007. Vol. 20. No. 3. P. 473-490.
- Article Obydenkova A. “Democratization, Europeanization and Regionalization beyond the European Union: Search for Empirical Evidence” // European Integration - Online Papers. 2006. Vol. 10. No. 1. P. 3-32.
- Article Obydenkova A. “New Regionalism and Regional Integration: The Role of National Institutions” // Cambridge Review of International Affairs. 2006. Vol. 19. P. 589-610. doi
- Article Obydenkova A. “Institutional tools of conflict management: Asymmetrical Federalism in Ethnic-Territorial Conflicts: Quantitative Analysis of Russian Regions” // Peace, Conflict and Development: An Interdisciplinary Journal. 2005. Vol. 7. P. 2-29.