Dmitry F. Abbakumov
- Head:eLearning Office / Centre for Psychometrics in eLearning
- Dmitry F. Abbakumov has been at HSE since 2011.
Education and Degrees
MSc in Psychological Sciences
Thesis Title: Possible applications of IRT for developing adaptive e-Learning systems
Higher School of Economics
North-Caucasian State Technical University
Young Faculty Support Program (Group of Young Academic Professionals)
Category "New Researchers" (2013-2014)
Student Term / Thesis Papers
D. Kravchenko «The Validy of Peer-Grading Assessment in MOOCs». Institute of Education, 2016
- Measurement in eLearning: from Project to Analysis (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 1 year, 3 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Measurement Issues in Psychology and Education" (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 2 year, 1-3 module)Rus
- Theory and Practice of Computerized Testing (Master’s programme; Faculty of Social Sciences; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Research Seminar "Measurement Issues in Psychology and Education" (Master’s programme; Institute for Educational Studies; 1 year, 1-4 module)Rus
- Theory and Practice of Computerized Testing (Master’s programme; Institute for Educational Studies; 2 year, 1, 2 module)Rus
- Article Abbakumov D. F., Desmet P., Van den Noortgate W. Measuring growth in students’ proficiency in MOOCs: Two component dynamic extensions for the Rasch model // Behavior Research Methods. 2018. P. 1-10. doi
- Article Аббакумов Д. Ф., Лебедева М. Ю. Лексико-грамматический распределительный тест по РКИ: опыт создания, апробации и психометрического анализа // Русский язык за рубежом. 2016. № 5. С. 73-78.
- Article Аббакумов Д. Ф. Сравнительный анализ эффективности числового и вербального тестов при прогнозировании результатов работы сотрудников // Организационная психология. 2011. Т. 1. № 2. С. 92-99.
Dmitry Abbakumov is the first researcher from a Russian university to present their work at the Psychometric Society conference, founded in 1935. He told the HSE new service about his study of online learning and why Russia has not played a major role on the international psychometrics scene – until now.
Research Fellow at the HSE’s Center of Education Quality Monitoring Dmitry Abbakumov, author of the ‘Theory and practice of computerized testing’ lecture course and developer of the ‘Adaptivity Guide’ software which makes it possible to adapt e-courses to students’ abilities. He recently gave a presentation about his research at The 2014 Computerized Adaptive Testing Summit at Princeton and at Edcrunch in Moscow. In his interview, he talks about why adaptive education is the future and how it is developing at HSE.